Yes, Arya thought.
沒錯,艾莉亞心想,
Yes, it's you who ought to run, you and Lord Tywin and the Mountain and Ser Addam and Ser Amory and stupid Ser Lyonel whoever he is,
沒錯,該跑的是你們,還有泰溫公爵,還有魔山,還有亞當爵士,還有亞摩利爵士,還有那個不知是誰的笨蛋萊昂諾爵士,
all of you better run or my brother will kill you, he's a Stark, he's more wolf than man, and so am I.
你們最好逃得遠遠的,否則我哥哥一定把你們全殺掉。他是史塔克家的人,像狼不像人,我也是。
"Weasel." Weese's voice cracked like a whip.
“黃鼠狼。”威斯的聲音像鞭子破空。
She never saw where he came from, but suddenly he was right in front of her.
她根本沒注意他是從哪兒冒出來的,但突然之間就到了跟前。
"Give me that. Took you long enough."
“劍給我!去這么久!”
He snatched the sword from her fingers, and dealt her a stinging slap with the back of his hand.
他從她指間奪過劍,還反手給了她火辣辣的一巴掌。
"Next time be quicker about it."
“下次給我快點!”
For a moment she had been a wolf again, but Weese's slap took it all away and left her with nothing but the taste of her own blood in her mouth.
片刻之前,她重新變做了一匹狼,但威斯的巴掌又將一切都打消了,只留下嘴里的血腥味。
She'd bitten her tongue when he hit her.
被打時,她咬到了舌頭。
She hated him for that.
她恨他。
"You want another?" Weese demanded.
“怎么?欠打?”威斯問。
"You'll get it too. I'll have none of your insolent looks.
“你少給我裝出這副傲慢無禮的樣子!不然少不了你的!
Get down to the brewhouse and tell Tuffleberry that I have two dozen barrels for him,
去,去釀酒房告訴特佛貝利,我這兒有兩打木桶給他,
but he better send his lads to fetch them or I'll find someone wants 'em worse."
但要他自己派小子們來拿,不然我就給別人了。”
Arya started off, but not quick enough for Weese.
艾莉亞轉身離開,威斯嫌她不夠快。
"You run if you want to eat tonight," he shouted, his promises of a plump crisp capon already forgotten.
“今晚還想不想吃飯?給我跑!”他大聲喊,先前許諾的肥雞忘得一干二凈。
"And don't be getting lost again, or I swear I'll beat you bloody."
“這次不許游蕩,否則瞧我怎么揍你!”
You won't, Arya thought. You won't ever again. But she ran.
你不會,艾莉亞心想,你再也不會了。但她還是奔跑起來。
The old gods of the north must have been guiding her steps.
北方的古老諸神指引著她的腳步。
Halfway to the brewhouse, as she passing under the stone bridge that arched between Widow's Tower and Kingspyre, she heard harsh, growling laughter.
去釀酒房的半路上,當她從連接寡婦塔和焚王塔的石拱橋下經過時,聽見刺耳的嚎笑。
Rorge came around a corner with three other men, the manticore badge of Ser Amory sewn over their hearts.
羅爾杰跟另外三人從拐角轉出來,他們胸前都縫有亞摩利爵士的獅身蝎尾獸徽章。
When he saw her, he stopped and grinned, showing a mouthful of crooked brown teeth under the leather flap he wore sometimes to cover the hole in his face.
他一見她,便止了步,朝她咧嘴笑,用來掩蓋臉上空洞的護鼻底下,露出滿口彎曲棕黃的牙齒。
"Yoren's little cunt," he called her.
“尤倫的小騷貨,”他叫她。
"Guess we know why that black bastard wanted you on the Wall, don't we?"
“這下我們終于明白那黑衣雜種干嘛帶你去長城了,對不對?”
He laughed again, and the others laughed with him.
他大笑起來,其他人也跟著一起笑。
"Where's your stick now?"
“你那根棍子呢?”
Rorge demanded suddenly, the smile gone as quick as it had come.
羅爾杰突然問,笑容剎時消失,