"If we sailed, yes," Theon admitted.
“沒錯,在船上航行當然是這樣,”席恩承認。
"I have another plan."
“但我另有計劃?!?span style="white-space:normal;">
He watched the other carefully to see how he would take that.
他小心翼翼地盯著對方,盤算和盤托出的時機。
Without the Cleftjaw he could not hope to succeed.
爭取不到裂顎,他就成不了事。
Command or no, the men would never follow him if both Aeron and Dagmer opposed him, and he had no hope of winning over the sour-faced priest.
不管他是不是指揮官,如果遭到伊倫和達格摩的共同反對,恐怕連一個人也指揮不動,而他顯然無法贏取那陰沉牧師的歡心。
"Your lord father commanded us to harry the coast, no more."
“你父親大人命令我們搶掠海岸,僅此而已?!?span style="white-space:normal;">
Eyes pale as sea foam watched Theon from under those shaggy white eyebrows.
雜亂的白眉下,那雙淡如海沫的蒼白眼珠回望著席恩。
Was it disapproval he saw there, or a spark of interest?
他看見的是否認,還是一抹充滿興致的火花?
The latter, he thought... hoped...
是后者,他想……希望如此……
"You are my father's man."
“你是我父親的人?!?span style="white-space:normal;">
"His best man, and always have been."
“他手下最棒的人,從來都是?!?span style="white-space:normal;">
Pride, Theon thought.
驕傲,席恩想,
He is proud, I must use that, his pride will be the key.
他很驕傲,我必須利用這點,他的驕傲是成敗的關鍵。
"There is no man in the Iron Islands half so skilled with spear or sword."
“不錯,在鐵群島,論起使劍揮矛,無人及得上你那純熟的技藝。”
"You have been too long away, boy.
“你離開得太久,小子。
When you left, it was as you say, but I am grown old in Lord Greyjoy's service.
你走的時候,的確是這樣,但我在年復一年為巴隆大王效命的生涯中逐漸衰老啦。
The singers call Andrik best now.
歌手們都說,如今的強者是阿德利克,
Andrik the Unsmiling, they name him.
他們叫他‘不茍言笑的‘阿德利克’。
A giant of a man. He serves Lord Drumm of Old Wyk.
那家伙是個巨人,效力于老威克島的卓鼓頭領。
And Black Lorren and Qarl the Maid are near as dread."
黑羅倫和“少女”科爾也只比他稍遜半籌?!?span style="white-space:normal;">
"This Andrik may be a great fighter, but men do not fear him as they fear you."
“這阿德利克或許是個好戰士,但人們決不會像畏懼你一般懼怕他。”
"Aye, that's so," Dagmer said.
“啊,說得沒錯。”達格摩道。
The fingers curled around the drinking horn were heavy with rings, gold and silver and bronze,
他握角杯的指頭上戴滿沉重的戒指,金銀青銅樣樣俱全,
set with chunks of sapphire and garnet and dragonglass.
鑲嵌著藍寶石、紅寶石和龍晶。
He had paid the iron price for every one, Theon knew.
每一枚都付鐵錢而來,席恩知道。
"If I had a man like you in my service, I should not waste him on this child's business of harrying and burning.
“如果我手下有您這樣的人才,我決不浪費他去干這些燒啊搶的小兒科的工作。
This is no work for Lord Balon's best man."
這種事怎能讓巴隆大王手下最棒的人去……”
Dagmer's grin twisted his lips apart and showed the brown splinters of his teeth.
達格摩哈哈大笑,扭曲的嘴唇翻出焦黃的牙齒。
"Nor for his trueborn son?" He hooted.
“也不該給他親兒子做?”他嘲罵道,
"I know you too well, Theon.
“我太了解你了,席恩。
I saw you take your first step, helped you bend your first bow.
我親眼看著你學會走路,親手教會你搭箭彎弓。
'Tis not me who feels wasted."
的確是很浪費,我也為你惋惜啊?!?span style="white-space:normal;">
"By rights I should have my sister's command,"
“按照權利,我姐姐的任務本該給我。”
he admitted,uncomfortably aware of how peevish that sounded.
他承認,同時不安地意識到自己的聲音有幾分暴躁。
"You take this business too hard, boy.
“你想太多了,小子,