THEON
席恩
Theon wiped the spittle off his cheek with the back of his hand.
席恩用手背抹去臉頰上的唾沫。
"Robb will gut you, Greyjoy," Benfred Tallheart screamed.
“葛雷喬伊,羅柏會剜了你的心!”本福德·陶哈高喊,
"He'll feed your turncloak's heart to his wolf, you piece of sheep dung."
“他會拿你這變色龍的心肺去喂他的狼,羊屎渣滓!”
Aeron Damphair's voice cut through the insults like a sword through cheese.
如利劍切割奶酪,濕發伊倫出聲制止侮辱,
"Now you must kill him."
“殺了他。”
"I have questions for him first," said Theon.
“我得先問問題,”席恩道。
"Puck your questions."
“操你媽的問題!”
Benfred hung bleeding and helpless between Stygg and Werlag.
本福德被斯提吉和魏拉格兩人提在中間,血流滿面,奄奄一息。
"You'll choke on them before you get any answers from me, craven. Turncloak."
“讓你的鬼問題嗆死你吧!懦夫!變色龍!”
Uncle Aeron was relentless.
伊倫叔叔冷酷地續道:
"When he spits on you, he spits on all of us.
“他吐你口水,就是吐我們大家。
He spits on the Drowned God. He must die."
他膽敢向神圣的淹神吐唾沫。殺無赦。”
"My father gave me the command here, Uncle."
“父親讓我指揮,叔叔。”
"And sent me to counsel YOU."
“并讓我輔佐你。”
And to watch me. Theon dare not push matters too far with his uncle.
來監視我的吧。席恩不敢開罪叔叔。
The command was his, yes, but his men had a faith in the Drowned God that they did not have in him, and they were terrified of Aeron Damphair.
不錯,指揮權在他手里,但他的部下信奉淹神卻并不信奉他,他們都害怕濕發伊倫。
I cannot fault them for that.
要利用他們,就得順著他們。
"You'll lose your head for this, Greyjoy.
“你會人頭落地的,葛雷喬伊。
The crows will eat the jelly of your eyes."
烏鴉將啄掉你的爛眼泡。”
Benfred tried to spit again, but only managed a little blood.
本福德企圖再吐唾沫,卻只噴出幾縷血絲。
"The Others bugger your wet god."
“異鬼抓去你陰濕的臭神!”
Tallhart, you've spit away your life, Theon thought.
陶哈,這下你可把命給吐沒了,席恩想。
"Stygg, silence him," he said.
“斯提吉,干掉他,”他說。
They forced Benfred to his knees.
他們把本福德強按在地。
Werlag tore the rabbitskin off his belt and jammed it between his teeth to stop his shouting.
魏拉格扯下他的兔皮腰帶,硬塞進他嘴中止住叫喊。
Stygg unlimbered his axe.
斯提吉掄起斧子。
"No," Aeron Damphair declared.
“不行,”濕發伊倫宣布。
"He must be given to the god. The old way."
“必須將他獻給淹神。遵循古道。”
What does it matter? Dead is dead.
有何區別?橫豎一死。
"Take him, then."
“好,我把他給你。”
"You will come as well. You command here.
“你也要來。你是這里的指揮官,
The offering should come from you."
依照古道,應該由你來奉獻犧牲。”
That was more than Theon could stomach.
這席恩可受不了。
"You are the priest, Uncle, I leave the god to you.
“你是牧師,叔叔,我把神靈的事務都交給你。
Do me the same kindness and leave the battles to me."
你也發發善心讓我只管作戰吧。”
He waved his hand, and Werlag and Stygg began to drag their captive off toward the shore.
他揮揮手,斯提吉和魏拉格便把俘虜拖向海灘。
Aeron Damphair gave his nephew a reproachful look, then followed.
濕發伊倫給了侄兒一個責難的目光,回頭跟去。
Down to the pebbled beach they would go, to drown Benfred Tallhart in salt water.
他們將走下鵝卵石的灘頭,把本福德·陶哈溺死在鹽水里。
The old way.
這是古道。