"I've never been frightened of shepherds.
“我不怕牧羊犬,
It's the sheep who trouble me.
我只在意那群羔羊。
Still, I suppose an escort might be in order."
當然,衛隊少不了。”
"I can spare a hundred gold cloaks,"
“我能勻出一百名金袍衛士,”提利昂說。
"Five hundred."
“五百。”
"Three hundred."
“三百。”
"And forty more—twenty knights with as many squires.
“三百四十——再加二十名騎士及同等數目的侍從。
If I arrive without a knightly tail, the Tyrells will think me of small account."
我得拖上一幫可觀的隊伍,提利爾家才會看重我。”
That was true enough. "Agreed."
相當正確。“同意。”
"I'll include Horror and Slobber in my party, and send them on to their lord father afterward.
“隊伍中必須包括恐怖爵士和流口水爵士,我得將他們送回父親大人身邊,
A gesture of goodwill.
以示善意。
We need Paxter Redwyne, he's Mace Tyrell's oldest friend, and a great power in his own right."
派克斯特·雷德溫不僅是梅斯·提利爾的老朋友,本身也很有勢力,我們需要他的支持。”
"And a traitor," the queen said, balking.
“他是個叛徒,”太后回絕,
"The Arbor would have declared for Renly with all the rest, except that Redwyne knew full well his whelps would suffer for it."
“若不是我拿雷德溫的小崽子威脅他,青亭島早就跟風投靠藍禮了。”
"Renly is dead, Your Grace," Littlefinger pointed out,
“藍禮已死,陛下。”小指頭指出,
"and neither Stannis nor Lord Paxter will have forgotten how Redwyne galleys closed the sea during the siege of Storm's End.
“而史坦尼斯和派克斯特伯爵都不會忘記,當年風息堡之圍,正是雷德溫的艦隊封鎖了海洋。
Restore the twins and perchance we may win Redwyne's love."
送回他的雙胞胎,我們或能贏得雷德溫的青睞。”
Cersei remained unconvinced.
瑟曦不肯服輸,
"The Others can keep his love, I want his swords and sails.
“異鬼才要他的青睞!我只要他的軍隊和船只,
Holding tight to those twins is the best way to make certain that we'll have them."
扣住這對雙胞胎,他才會乖乖聽話。”
Tyrion had the answer.
提利昂來打圓場,
"Then let us send Ser Hobber back to the Arbor and keep Ser Horas here.
“那就把霍伯爵士送回去,留下霍拉斯爵士。
Lord Paxter ought to be clever enough to riddle out the meaning of that, I should think."
我想派克斯特伯爵夠聰明,參得透其中意味。”
The suggestion was carried without protest, but Littlefinger was not done.
這提議無人反對,但小指頭還沒說完,
"We'll want horses. Swift and strong.
“我們還要馬,強壯迅捷的好馬。
The fighting will make remounts hard to come by.
一路戰亂頻仍,更換座騎恐怕很難。
A goodly supply of gold will also be needed, for those gifts we spoke of earlier."
此外,必須提供充足的金錢,用于采買我們先前提到的禮物。”
"Take as much as you require. If the city falls, Stannis will steal it all anyway."
“要多少拿多少。反正都城若是不保,再多的錢也得教史坦尼斯取走。”
"I'll want my commission in writing.
“最后,我需要一份書面委任狀。
A document that will leave Mace Tyrell in no doubt as to my authority,
這份文件不僅要讓梅斯·提利爾消除對我權限的質疑,
granting me full power to treat with him concerning this match and any other arrangements that might be required,
更重要的是,賦予我全權談判的權力,由我協商婚約及其相關的一切安排,
and to make binding pledges in the king's name.
并以國王之名訂立誓約。
It should be signed by Joffrey and every member of this council, and bear all our seals."
這張紙上要有喬佛里和所有重臣的簽名,并蓋上大家的印章。”
Tyrion shifted uncomfortably.
提利昂不安地挪了挪,
"Done.Will that be all?
“一言為定。就這些了吧?
I remind you, there's a long road between here and Bitterbridge."
我可提醒你,由此到苦橋的路長著呢。”
"I'll be riding it before dawn breaks." Littlefinger rose.
“破曉前我就出發。”小指頭起身,
"I trust that on my return, the king will see that I am suitably rewarded for my valiant efforts in his cause?"
“相信回來之時,國王當心存感激,犒勞我英勇地為國效力?”