"I can scarcely expect the Knight of Flowers to treat with Bronn or Shagga, can I?
“我很難指望百花騎士跟波隆或夏嘎打交道,對不?
The Tyrells are proud."
提利爾家一向高傲。”
His sister wasted no time trying to twist the situation to her advantage.
姐姐不浪費任何可趁之機,
"Ser Jacelyn Bywater is nobly born. Send him."
“杰斯林·拜瓦特爵士出生高貴,我們派他去。”
Tyrion shook his head.
提利昂搖搖頭,
"We need someone who can do more than repeat our words and fetch back a reply.
“我們要的不是傳聲筒,
Our envoy must speak for king and council and settle the matter quickly."
派出的使者必須能代表國王和御前會議發言,并把事情迅速辦妥。”
"The Hand speaks with the king's voice."
“首相正是國王的代言人。”
Candlelight gleamed green as wildfire in Cersei's eyes.
燭光在瑟曦眼中如碧綠的野火一樣燃燒,
"If we send you, Tyrion, it will be as if Joffrey went himself.
“我們該派你去,提利昂,如此便和喬佛里親臨沒有分別。
And who better, You wield words as skillfully as Jaime wields a sword."
哪里有更好的人選呢?你說話就跟詹姆使劍一般厲害。”
Are you that eager to get me out of the city, Cersei?
你就這么急著要把我趕出都城,瑟曦?
"You are too kind, sister, but it seems to me that a boy's mother is better fitted to arrange his marriage than any uncle.
“真是過譽,姐姐,其實依我看,替孩子安排婚事,母親比舅舅合適。
And you have a gift for winning friends that I could never hope to match."
況且你有交朋友的天賦,我則望塵莫及。”
Her eyes narrowed. "Joff needs me at his side."
她的眼睛瞇成一線,“小喬身邊需要我。”
"Your Grace, my lord Hand," said Littlefinger, "the king needs both of you here.
“太后陛下,首相大人,”小指頭說,“國王身邊需要您們兩位,
Let me go in your stead."
就讓我代您們前去吧。”
"You?" What gain does he see in this? Tyrion wondered.
“你?”你從中發現了什么好處?提利昂尋思。
"I am of the king's council, yet not the king's blood, so I would make a poor hostage.
“我雖是御前會議的成員,卻非國王的血親,因此當人質價值不大。
I knew Ser Loras passing well when he was here at court, and gave him no cause to mislike me.
洛拉斯爵士在朝中時,我跟他還算熟,他沒有理由拒絕我。
Mace Tyrell bears me no enmity that I know of, and I flatter myself that I am not unskilled in negotiation."
此外,據我所知,梅斯·提利爾對我也沒有敵意,并且——容我大言不慚地說一句——我對談判之道略通一二。”
He has us. Tyrion did not trust Petyr Baelish, nor did he want the man out of his sight, yet what other choice was left him?
他能說服我們。提利昂不信任培提爾·貝里席,不想讓他離開視線范圍,但他有別的選擇嗎?
It must be Littlefinger or Tyrion himself, and he knew full well that if he left King's Landing for any length of time,
此事非他自己或小指頭出面不可,而他完全清楚,只要他踏出君臨,不論時間長短,
all that he had managed to accomplish would be undone.
所有的苦心全得半途而廢。
"There is fighting between here and Bitterbridge," he said cautiously.
“此去苦橋路途兇險,”他謹慎地說,
"And you can be past certain that Lord Stannis will be dispatching his own shepherds to gather in his brother's wayward lambs."
“可以肯定,史坦尼斯公爵會放出自己的牧羊犬來接管弟弟手下任性的羔羊。”