Renly pushed back his hair.
藍禮把頭發攏了攏。
Brienne bound it with a velvet tie and pulled a padded cap down over his ears, to cushion the weight of his helm.
布蕾妮用天鵝絨的帶子將它系住,并在他耳邊裝了一頂小墊帽,以減輕頭盔的重量。
"Thanks to the Onion Knight we were never reduced to dining on corpses, but it was a close thing.
“多虧洋蔥騎士,我們才沒有墮落到啃食尸體的地步,當時那是迫在眉睫的事了。
Too close for Ser Gawen, who died in his cell."
對加文爵士來說更是如此,他死在牢里。”
"Your Grace."
“陛下。”
Catelyn had waited patiently, but time grew short.
凱特琳一直耐心等待,不過時間越來越少。
"You promised me a word."
“您答應要聽我一言。”
Renly nodded. "See to your battles, my lords...
藍禮點頭。“去戰斗吧,大人們……呃,
oh, and if Barristan Selmy is at my brother's side, I want him spared."
如果巴利斯坦·塞爾彌在我老哥的陣營里,千萬要活捉他。”
"There's been no word of Ser Barristan since Joffrey cast him out,"
“巴利斯坦爵士自被喬佛里趕走后就沒了消息,”
Lord Rowan objected.
羅宛大人質疑。
"I know that old man.
“我了解那位老人。
He needs a king to guard, or who is he?
他需要一位供他守護的國王,不然他算什么?
Yet he never came to me, and Lady Catelyn says he is not with Robb Stark at Riverrun.
既然他沒站到我這邊,凱特琳夫人說他也沒和奔流城的羅柏·史塔克在一起。
Where else but with Stannis?"
那么,除了史坦尼斯,他還能在哪兒呢?”
"As you say, Your Grace.
“如您所愿,陛下。
No harm will come to him."
他將不會受到任何傷害。”
The lords bowed deeply and departed.
兩位大人深深一鞠躬,轉身退出。
"Say your say, Lady Stark," Renly said.
“請暢所欲言,史塔克夫人,”藍禮道。
Brienne swept his cloak over his broad shoulders.
布蕾妮將披風搭上他寬闊的肩膀。
It was cloth-of-gold, heavy, with the crowned stag of Baratheon picked out in flakes of jet.
披風乃是金線織成,十分沉重,上面有黑玉鑲成的拜拉席恩家族的寶冠雄鹿。
"The Lannisters tried to kill my son Bran.
“蘭尼斯特的人企圖加害我兒子布蘭,
A thousand times I have asked myself why.
我無數次捫心自問這到底是為了什么。
Your brother gave me my answer.
直到那天聽了您哥哥的話,我才恍然大悟。
There was a hunt the day he fell.
他墜樓當天正是狩獵的日子,
Robert and Ned and most of the other men rode out after boar, but Jaime Lannister remained at Winterfell, as did the queen."
勞勃、奈德以及大部分人都去追逐野熊,只有詹姆·蘭尼斯特留在臨冬城內,還有王后。”
Renly was not slow to take the implication.
藍禮沒有忽略她的暗示。
"So you believe the boy caught them at their incest..."
“所以你認為,那孩子看見他們亂倫的……”
"I beg you, my lord, grant me leave to go to your brother Stannis and tell him what I suspect."
“我求求您,陛下,準許我到您哥哥史坦尼斯那邊去,把我的懷疑告知他。”
"To what end?"
“目的何在?”
"Robb will set aside his crown if you and your brother will do the same,"
“如果您和您哥哥愿意暫時擱置王冠,羅柏也會。”
she said, hoping it was true.
她嘴上這么說,心中卻只能希望兒子會這么做。
She would make it true if she must; Robb would listen to her, even if his lords would not.
必要之時,她要確保他這么做,就算羅柏手下的諸侯不肯聽從,相信羅柏會聽她的話。
"Let the three of you call for a Great Council, such as the realm has not seen for a hundred years.
“你們三人應當協力召開大議會——這個國家已經有上百年沒召集過了。
We will send to Winterfell, so Bran may tell his tale and all men may know the Lannisters for the true usurpers.
我們將派人去臨冬城,讓布蘭講述他的故事,讓全天下的人都知道蘭尼斯特家族才是真正的篡奪者。
Let the assembled lords of the Seven Kingdoms choose who shall rule them."
然后,由應召而來的七國上下所有領主來共同決定誰是他們的統治者。”
Renly laughed.
藍禮大笑。
"Tell me, my lady, do direwolves vote on who should lead the pack?"
“告訴我,夫人,你們的冰原狼會為誰當頭狼而投票嗎?”