The Imp laughed aloud.
小惡魔縱聲大笑,
"Well, someone has taught you to lie well.
“好好好,總算你有個好老師,說謊學得不錯,
You may be grateful for that one day, child.
或許將來有一天,你會為此心懷感激,孩子……
You are a child still, are you not? Or have you flowered?"
哦,你還是個孩子,對嗎?還是你已經來了初潮?”
Sansa blushed.
珊莎臉紅了。
It was a rude question, but the shame of being stripped before half the castle made it seem like nothing.
這是個無禮的問題,但比起在半個城堡的人面前被扒光衣服,這點羞恥又算不上什么。
"No, my lord."
“沒有,大人。”
"That's all to the good.
“那最好。
If it gives you any solace, I do not intend that you ever wed Joffrey.
聽著,我不想讓你嫁給喬佛里,希望這算是一點安慰。
No marriage will reconcile Stark and Lannister after all that has happened, I fear.
發生了這么多事,只怕聯姻已無法令史塔克家族和蘭尼斯特家族和解。
More's the pity.
真可惜,
The match was one of King Robert's better notions, if Joffrey hadn't mucked it up."
這樁婚事本是勞勃國王少有的明智之舉,卻被喬佛里搞砸了。”
She knew she ought to say something, but the words caught in her throat.
她知道自己該說些什么才對,但言詞卡在了喉嚨里。
"You grow very quiet," Tyrion Lannister observed.
“你很安靜,”提利昂·蘭尼斯特評論。
"Is this what you want? An end to your betrothal?"
“你得遂心愿了嗎?你希望終止婚約嗎?”
"I..." Sansa did not know what to say. Is it a trick?
“我……”珊莎不知該說什么才好。這莫非是個陷阱?
Will he punish me if I tell the truth?
如果我說出真話,他會不會懲罰我?
She stared at the dwarf's brutal bulging brow, the hard black eye and the shrewd green one, the crooked teeth and wiry beard.
她凝視著侏儒兇惡而突出的額頭,凝視著他冷冷的黑眼珠和狡黠的綠眼珠,還有彎曲的牙齒和金屬絲般的胡子。
"I only want to be loyal."
“我只想乖巧忠誠。”
"Loyal," the dwarf mused, "and far from any Lannisters.
“乖巧忠誠,”矮子若有所思地說,
I can scarce blame you for that.
“并遠離蘭尼斯特家的人。
When I was your age, I wanted the same thing." He smiled.
真難為了你,我在你這個年紀的時候,也這么想。”他笑了笑。
"They tell me you visit the godswood every day.
“他們告訴我,你天天造訪神木林。
What do you pray for, Sansa?"
你都祈禱些什么,珊莎?”
I pray for Robb's victory and Joffrey's death... and for home. For Winterfell.
我祈禱羅柏的勝利和喬佛里的死亡……我為家鄉,為臨冬城祈禱。
"I pray for an end to the fighting."
“我祈禱戰爭早日結束。”
"We'll have that soon enough.
“快了,孩子。
There will be another battle, between your brother Robb and my lord father, and that will settle the issue."
你哥哥羅柏和我父親大人之間很快會爆發決戰,由此解決一切爭端。”