Sighing, Renly half turned in the saddle.
藍禮嘆了口氣,微微轉身,
"What am I to do with this brother of mine, Brienne?
“我要拿這個老哥怎么辦呢,布蕾妮?
He refuses my peach, he refuses my castle, he even shunned my wedding..."
他拒絕了我的桃子,拒絕了我的城堡,甚至還不肯來參加我的婚禮……”
"We both know your wedding was a mummer's farce.
“好了,你我都心知肚明,你那婚禮不過是出拙劣的鬧劇。
A year ago you were scheming to make the girl one of Robert's whores."
一年前你還計劃讓那女孩變成勞勃的又一個婊子。”
"A year ago I was scheming to make the girl Robert's queen," Renly said,
“一年前我計劃讓那女孩成為勞勃的王后,”藍禮說,
"but what does it matter? The boar got Robert and I got Margaery.
“可這有什么關系?野豬帶走了勞勃而我帶走了瑪格麗。
You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."
她嫁給我時還是個處女,你該替我高興才是。”
"In your bed she's like to die that way."
“和你同床,她寧肯選擇勞勃的下場。”
"Oh, I expect I'll get a son on her within the year.
“啊,是嘛,跟你說,我期望和她今年便來個胖小子哦。
Pray, how many sons do you have, Stannis? Oh, yes—none."
天哪,你有幾個兒子,史坦尼斯?啊,不錯——一個也沒有。”
Renly smiled innocently. "As to your daughter, I understand.
藍禮無邪地笑道。“至于你女兒的事嘛,我其實挺理解的。
If my wife looked like yours, I'd send my fool to service her as well."
如果我老婆長得跟你老婆一樣丑,那我也寧可叫個弄臣去服侍她。”
"Enough!" Stannis roared.
“夠了!”史坦尼斯咆哮起來,
"I will not be mocked to my face, do you hear me? I will not!"
“我絕不允許誰當面侮辱我,你聽清楚了沒?我絕不允許!”
He yanked his longsword from its scabbard.
他猛然抽出長劍。
The steel gleamed strangely bright in the wan sunlight, now red, now yellow, now blazing white.
在蒼白的目光下,劍身閃著詭異的光芒,一會兒紅,一會兒黃,又一會兒變成熾烈的白芒。
The air around it seemed to shimmer, as if from heat.
就連周遭的空氣也似乎感應到劍刃四射的熱力,跟著變換發光。
Catelyn's horse whinnied and backed away a step, but Brienne moved between the brothers, her own blade in hand.
凱特琳的坐騎嘶叫著退開一步。布蕾妮則策馬插進兄弟之間,撥劍在手,
"Put up your steel!" she shouted at Stannis.
“把劍放下!”她呼喝史坦尼斯。
Cersei Lannister is laughing herself breathless, Catelyn thought wearily.
只怕瑟曦要笑得喘不過氣來,凱特琳無力地想。
Stannis pointed his shining sword at his brother.
史坦尼斯提起閃亮的寶劍,指著他的弟弟。
"I am not without mercy," thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.
“我不是個嚴酷寡恩的人,”這個以嚴酷寡恩舉世著稱的人大吼。
"Nor do I wish to sully Lightbringer with a brother's blood.
“我也不想用親兄弟的鮮血來玷污‘光明使者’的劍刃。
For the sake of the mother who bore us both, I will give you this night to rethink your folly, Renly.
為著哺育我們的母親的緣故,今晚上我就給你最后一次機會反省你的過錯,藍禮。
Strike your banners and come to me before dawn,
降下叛旗,在天亮之前投效于我,
and I will grant you Storm's End and your old seat on the council and even name you my heir until a son is born to me.
我將封你為風息堡公爵,并保留你在御前會議中的重臣席位,甚至在我兒子出生前,我仍舊把你指定為我的繼承人。
Otherwise, I shall destroy you."
你若不照辦,別怪我不客氣。”
Renly laughed. "Stannis, that's a very pretty sword, I'll grant you, but I think the glow off it has ruined your eyes.
藍禮大笑,“史坦尼斯,你這寶劍可真漂亮,我很羨慕你,不過我懷疑這玩意兒的光芒是不是影響你的視力。
Look across the fields, brother. Can you see all those banners?"
你仔細看看前方的平原,老哥。看到那些旗幟了嗎?”
"Do you think a few bolts of cloth will make you king?"
“你以為幾根裹著毛料的桿子就能讓你稱王?”