"Ah," said Renly. "So we have the word of a dead man."
“啊哈,”藍禮道,“所以我們的證據在一個死人的嘴里。”
"Do you think he died by happenstance, you purblind fool?
“你以為他真是偶然病逝,你這不長眼睛的蠢貨?
Cersei had him poisoned, for fear he would reveal her.
瑟曦毒死了他!惟恐他揭發她的丑行。
Lord Jon had been gathering certain proofs—"
瓊恩大人已經搜集到確鑿的證據,那些證據無疑——”
"—which doubtless died with him. How inconvenient."
“——和他一起進了棺材。你瞧,多為難呀。”
Catelyn was remembering, fitting pieces together.
凱特琳開始明白了,她試著將碎片拼湊起來。
"My sister Lysa accused the queen of killing her husband in a letter she sent me at Winterfell," she admitted.
“我妹妹萊莎在一封送到臨冬城的密信里指控王后謀殺了她丈夫,”她承認,
"Later, in the Eyrie, she laid the murder at the feet of the queen's brother Tyrion."
“其后,在鷹巢城,她又把這項指控轉嫁到王后的弟弟提利昂身上。”
Stannis snorted. "If you step in a nest of snakes, does it matter which one bites you first?"
史坦尼斯哼了一聲,“若你掉進毒蛇窩,被哪條先咬到有什么區別?”
"All this of snakes and incest is droll, but it changes nothing.
“這些毒蛇呀亂倫呀都挺有趣,但什么也改變不了。
You may well have the better claim, Stannis, but I still have the larger army."
說到底,你的要求的確更合理合法,史坦尼斯,不過我的軍隊卻多得多。”
Renly's hand slid inside his cloak.
藍禮把手伸進披風下。
Stannis saw, and reached at once for the hilt of his sword, but before he could draw steel his brother produced... a peach.
史坦尼斯見狀立刻握緊劍柄,不過在拔劍之前他弟弟卻拿出了……一顆桃子。
"Would you like one, brother?" Renly asked, smiling.
“要來一個嗎,老哥?”藍禮一臉笑意地發問,
"From Highgarden. You've never tasted anything so sweet, I promise you."
“高庭產的哦,我保證,你從沒嘗過這么可口的東西。”
He took a bit. Juice ran from the corner of his mouth.
他咬了一口,汁液從嘴角流下。
"I did not come here to eat fruit." Stannis was fuming.
“我不是來吃水果的。”史坦尼斯怒不可遏。
"My lords!" Catelyn said.
“大人們!”凱特琳高喊,
"We ought to be hammering out the terms of an alliance, not trading taunts."
“我們應該協力打造聯盟,而不是惡言相交啊。”
"A man should never refuse to taste a peach,"
“一個人實在不該拒絕品嘗新桃子,”
Renly said as he tossed the stone away.
藍禮邊扔掉果核邊評論。
"He may never get the chance again. Life is short, Stannis.
“誰知道以后還有沒有機會?人生苦短啊,史坦尼斯。
Remember what the Starks say. Winter is coming."
知道史塔克家怎么說嗎?凜冬將至啊。”
He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
他用手背擦掉嘴邊的果汁。
"I did not come here to be threatened, either."
“我也不是來聽你威脅的。”
"Nor were you," Renly snapped back.
“我可沒威脅你,”藍禮反擊,
"When I make threats, you'll know it.
“如果發出威脅,我會堂堂正正。
If truth be told, I've never liked you, Stannis, but you are my own blood, and I have no wish to slay you.
說真的,我從來沒有喜歡過你,史坦尼斯,可你畢竟是我的手足,我一點也不想傷害你。
So if it is Storm's End you want, take it... as a brother's gift.
所以啦,如果你要的是風息堡,就拿去吧……權當兄弟之間的饋贈。
As Robert once gave it to me, I give it to YOU."
就像勞勃當初賜予我一樣,如今我將它賜予你。”
"It is not yours to give. It is mine by rights."
“輪不到你來賜予。照權利它本就屬于我。”