"Listen to yourselves!
“聽聽你們說的話!
If you were sons of mine, I would bang your heads together and lock you in a bedchamber until you remembered that you were brothers."
如果你們是我兒子,我要把你們兩個的頭狠狠撞在一起,然后鎖進一間臥室,直到你們認清彼此是兄弟為止。”
Stannis frowned at her.
史坦尼斯朝她皺眉。
"You presume too much, Lady Stark.
“你假設得太過火了,史塔克夫人。
I am the rightful king, and your son no less a traitor than my brother here.
我是合法的國王,而你兒子和我弟弟一樣都只是叛徒。
His day will come as well."
他也有末日來臨的那一天。”
The naked threat fanned her fury.
這赤裸裸的威脅煽起了她的怒火。
"You are very free to name others traitor and usurper, my lord, yet how are you any different?
“大人,您有這個自由去隨意指稱別人為‘叛徒’或‘篡奪’,可瞧瞧您自己有什么區別?
You say you alone are the rightful king, yet it seems to me that Robert had two sons.
您說您是合法的國王,但我還沒忘記勞勃留下兩個兒子。
By all the laws of the Seven Kingdoms, Prince Joffrey is his rightful heir, and Tommen after him...
不論依照七國上下何處的律法,喬佛里王子才是他的法定繼承人,其后是托曼……
and we are all traitors, however good our reasons."
我們都是叛徒,不管各家有什么好理由。”
Renly laughed. "You must forgive Lady Catelyn, Stannis.
藍禮笑道:“你得原諒史塔克夫人哦,史坦尼斯。
She's come all the way down from Riverrun, a long way ahorse.
她從奔流城這么一路長途跋涉,大半時間都在馬背上,
I fear she never saw your little letter."
恐怕來不及收看你那小小的信件喲。”
"Joffrey is not my brother's seed," Stannis said bluntly.
“喬佛里不是我哥哥的種,”史坦尼斯開門見山地說。
"Nor is Tommen. They are bastards. The girl as well.
“托曼也不是。他們都是私生子,包括那女孩在內,
All three of them abominations born of incest."
三個都是亂倫產下的孽種。”
Would even Cersei be so mad? Catelyn was speechless.
瑟曦真的如此瘋狂?凱特琳一時語塞。
"Isn't that a sweet story, my lady?" Renly asked.
“這故事可精彩,夫人?”藍禮笑問。
"I was camped at Horn Hill when Lord Tarly received his letter, and I must say, it took my breath away."
“我在角陵扎營時,塔利大人正好收到信,我承認,看得我大為贊嘆啊。”
He smiled at his brother.
他對著哥哥笑。
"I had never suspected you were so clever, Stannis.
“我從來不知道,你還會這么聰明的法門,史坦尼斯。
Were it only true, you would indeed be Robert's heir."
如果這個能當真,你就是勞勃合法的繼承人嘍。”
"Were it true? Do you name me a liar?"
“如果當真?難道你懷疑我說謊?”
"Can you prove any word of this fable?"
“你有任何證據來證明這個神話嗎?”
Stannis ground his teeth.
史坦尼斯咬緊了牙關。
Robert could never have known, Catelyn thought, or Cersei would have lost her head in an instant.
或許連勞勃自己都不知道,凱特琳想,不然瑟曦早就腦袋搬家了。
"Lord Stannis," she asked, "if you knew the queen to be guilty of such monstrous crimes, why did you keep silent?"
“史坦尼斯大人,”她詢問,“您既已得知王后犯下滔天罪行,為何一直保持緘默?”
"I did not keep silent," Stannis declared.
“我并沒有保持緘默,”史坦尼斯。
"I brought my suspicions to Jon Arryn."
“我將自己的懷疑告訴了瓊恩·艾林。”
"Rather than your own brother?"
“而非告訴自己的兄長?”
"My brother's regard for me was never more than dutiful," said Stannis.
“我哥哥對我的要求除了忠誠盡責再沒有其他,”史坦尼斯說。
"From me, such accusations would have seemed peevish and selfserving, a means of placing myself first in the line of succession.
“何況從我的角度,這樣的指控只可能顯得自私和不妥,別人會以為我的目的是想把自己放到繼承順序的首位。
I believed Robert would be more disposed to listen if the charges came from Lord Arryn, whom he loved."
我相信勞勃會更傾向于聽取艾林公爵的意見,因為他敬愛艾林公爵。”