Renly seemed amused by that.
藍禮似乎覺得很有趣。
"All for the good.
“我舉雙手贊成。
If we both use the same banner, the battle will be terribly confused."
如果咱倆打著同樣的旗幟,打起來不弄混才怪。”
Catelyn said, "Let us hope there will be no battle.
凱特琳適時插話:“仗還是別打的好。
We three share a common foe who would destroy us all."
我們三方應該好好研究如何對付共同的敵人,否則它要把我們大家全部摧毀。”
Stannis studied her, unsmiling.
史坦尼斯再次審視她的面孔,依舊一點笑意也無。
"The Iron Throne is mine by rights.
“按照律法,鐵王座屬于我。
All those who deny that are my foes."
否認這點的都是我的敵人。”
"The whole of the realm denies it, brother," said Renly.
“全國都在否認你啊,老哥,”藍禮說,
"Old men deny it with their death rattle, and unborn children deny it in their mothers'wombs.
“糟老頭子臨死時念叨著否認,未出生的嬰兒在媽媽肚子里踢鬧著否認。
They deny it in Dorne and they deny it on the Wall.
多恩人否認你,長城上的人否認你。
No one wants you for their king. Sorry."
沒有一個人想讓你當他的國王。非常遺憾。”
Stannis clenched his jaw, his face taut.
史坦尼斯咬緊下巴,面孔格外緊繃。
"I swore I would never treat with you while you wore your traitor's crown.
“我曾發誓,只要你還戴著那頂叛逆的冠冕,我就絕不和你打交道。
Would that I had kept to that vow."
我早該遵守誓言。”
"This is folly," Catelyn said sharply.
“這一切是多么可笑啊,”凱特琳尖銳地指出。
"Lord Tywin sits at Harrenhal with twenty thousand swords.
“泰溫公爵率領兩萬大軍屯駐于赫倫堡,
The remnants of the Kingslayer's army have regrouped at the Golden Tooth,
弒君者的殘部在金牙城重整旗鼓,而在凱巖城的陰影下,
another Lannister host gathers beneath the shadow of Casterly Rock,
蘭尼斯特正加緊編制新軍,
and Cersei and her son hold King's Landing and your precious Iron Throne.
同時瑟曦和她兒子還占有著君臨以及你們那寶貝的鐵椅子。
You each name yourself king, yet the kingdom bleeds, and no one lifts a sword to defend it but my son."
你們都自稱為王,眼下王國正分崩流血,除了我兒子,難道就沒人肯拔劍而出、捍衛王國了么?”
Renly shrugged. "Your son has won a few battles.
藍禮聳肩,“您兒子贏了幾場戰斗。
I shall win the war.
我將贏得整個戰爭。
The Lannisters can wait my pleasure."
一步一步來,到時候我自然會處理蘭尼斯特。”
"If you have proposals to make, make them," Stannis said brusquely, "or I will be gone."
“你有什么建議,趕快提出來,”史坦尼斯唐突地喊道,“不然我馬上離開。”
"Very well," said Renly.
“非常好,”藍禮道,
"I propose that you dismount, bend your knee, and swear me your allegiance."
“我建議你立刻下馬,單膝跪下,宣誓效忠。”
Stannis choked back rage.
史坦尼斯強抑怒火。
"That you shall never have."
“你永遠得不到。”
"You served Robert, why not me?"
“你既然可以為勞勃效勞,為什么對我就不行?”
"Robert was my elder brother. You are the younger."
“勞勃是我長兄。你不過是我的小弟。”
"Younger, bolder, and far more comely..."
“是啊,我比你年輕,勇敢,標致……”
"... and a thief and a usurper besides."
“……小偷!篡奪者!”
Renly shrugged. "The Targaryens called Robert usurper.
藍禮又聳聳肩。“坦格利安家也管勞勃叫篡奪者,
He seemed to be able to bear the shame. So shall I."
不過這指責對他毫無影響。所以我也無所謂。”
This will not do.
這樣是不行的。