I kept these things then, and pondered them in my heart.
于是我把這些縱情留在心里,反復思量。
"You cannot now wonder," continued my master,
“這會兒你不會奇怪了吧,”我主人繼續說,
"that when you rose upon me so unexpectedly last night,
“那天晚上你出乎意外地在我當前冒出來時。
I had difficulty in believing you any other than a mere voice and vision,
我難以相信你不只是一個聲音和幻象,
something that would melt to silence and annihilation, as the midnight whisper and mountain echo had melted before.
不只是某種會銷聲匿跡的東西,就像以前己經消失的夜半耳語和山間回聲那樣。
Now, I thank God! I know it to be otherwise.
現在我感謝上帝,我知道這回可不同了。
Yes, I thank God!"
是的,我感謝上帝!”
He put me off his knee, rose, and reverently lifting his hat from his brow, and bending his sightless eyes to the earth, he stood in mute devotion.
他把我從膝頭上放下來。虔敬地從額頭摘下帽子,向大地低下了沒有視力的眼睛,虔誠地默默站立著,
Only the last words of the worship were audible.
只有最后幾句表示崇拜的話隱約可聞。
"I thank my Maker, that, in the midst of judgment, he has remembered mercy.
“我感謝造物主,在審判時還記著慈悲。
I humbly entreat my Redeemer to give me strength to lead henceforth a purer life than I have done hitherto!"
我謙恭地懇求我的救世主賜予我力量,讓我從今以后過一種比以往更純潔的生活!”
Then he stretched his hand out to be led.
隨后他伸出手讓我領著,
I took that dear hand, held it a moment to my lips, then let it pass round my shoulder:
我握住了那只親愛的手,在我的嘴唇上放了一會兒,隨后讓它挽住我肩膀,
being so much lower of stature than he, I served both for his prop and guide.
我個子比他矮得多,所以既做立支撐,又當了向導。
We entered the wood, and wended homeward.
我們進了樹林,朝家里走去。