Does he say all those things?" laughed Becky. Lucy laughed too.
他說沒說過這些話? ”貝姬笑問。
"No, that's not Sam. Sam doesn't say things - he does things."
露西也笑了。“不,那不是薩姆。薩姆從來不去說,他總是去做。”
But today, Lucy thought, "Three years is a long time to love somebody.
可是今天,露西想,“愛一個人三年,這時間也不短了。
Perhaps this year... Perhaps this Valentine"s Day... Perhaps."
也許今年......也許這個情人節......也許吧。”
Monday, 11th February, afternoon
2月11日,星期一,下午
Becky phoned Lucy on the 11th.
11號那天,貝姬給露西打電話。
"I saw Sam this morning," she said. "He's so nice, Lucy - you're a lucky girl."
“我今天早上看見薩姆了。”她說,“他人真好,露西你是個幸運的女孩。”
Lucy was surprised. "Where did you see him, Becky?" "At the Sunflower Cafe, of course.
露西感到驚訝。“你在哪里見到他的,貝姬?”“當然是在向日葵咖啡店了。
I went there for a coffee." "Again?" Lucy thought. "She went there three times last week, twice the week before...
我去那兒喝了杯咖啡。”“又去了?”露西心想,“上個星期她去了三次,再上個星期去了兩次......
The Sunflower isn"t near her office. Why does she always go there for coffee?"
向日葵咖啡店離她的辦公室并不近。她為什么總去那里喝咖啡?”
"Oh," she said. "Well, Sam"s very busy just now. I'm not going to see him for a day or two."
“噢。”她說,“嗯,薩姆這陣子很忙。我這一兩天都不會見他。”
Becky laughed. "We've got a surprise for you, you know," she said. "I'm so excited. Can you wait for a few days?"
貝姬笑了起來。“你知道嗎,我們要給你一個驚喜。”她說,“我太興奮了。你能再等上幾天嗎?”
"We've got a surprise? What do you mean?" asked Lucy.
“我們準備了一個驚喜?你是什么意思? ”露西問。
"I can't say anything now," Becky answered. "See you on the 13th. Bye."
“我現在什么都不能說。”貝姬答,“13號見。拜拜。”
Suddenly Lucy wasn't so excited about Valentine"s Day.
突然間,露西覺得情人節沒那么令人激動了。
She began to feel worried about her Sam - and beautiful Becky. What surprise?
她開始擔心她的薩姆 ——還有漂亮的貝姬。什么驚喜?
She didn't want any surprises. And a surprise from Sam and Becky?
她不想要任何驚喜,而且還是薩姆和貝姬的驚喜?