"I like running, and swimming," said Luke. "And I like going out on my bike..."
“我喜歡跑步,還有游泳。”盧克說,“我還喜歡騎自行車出門”
"You see?" said Gemma. "It's easy really. You just need the questions."
“明白了嗎?”杰瑪說,“真的很簡單。你只要準備好問題就行了。”
Later that afternoon, Luke stopped in the office. Gemma was at one of the computers.
那天下午晚些時候,盧克留在辦公室里。杰瑪坐在其中一臺電腦前。
"Hi, Luke," said Gemma. "Have you got a few minutes? I"ve got some questions here. Come and see."
“嗨,盧克。”杰瑪說,“你現在有空嗎?我列出了一些問題。過來看看吧。”
Luke read the list of questions on her computer.
盧克看了她在電腦上列出的問題。
"Oh, that"s great, Gemma!" he said.
“啊,真是太棒了,杰瑪!”他說。
"Do you want to put any more questions on the list?" she asked. Luke thought for a minute.
“你想在單子上再加些問題嗎?”她問。盧克想了片刻。
"Do you like going to music festivals?" he said at last.
“你喜歡去音樂節嗎?”他最終說。
"Yes, that"s good," said Gemma. She put it on the list.
“對,這很好。”杰瑪說。她把這個問題加上了。
Soon Luke had the list in his hands.
沒過多久,盧克就把單子拿到手了。
"Wait for the right time," said Gemma. "And - good luck!"
“等待合適的時機。”杰瑪說,“還有——祝你好運!”
Every day Luke looked for Charlotte in the canteen. On Tuesday she was with Molly, and on Wednesday he did not see her. But on Thursday...
盧克每天都在食堂里尋找夏洛特。星期二,她和莫莉在一起;星期三,他沒有看到她。但是,星期四......
"Hi Charlotte," said Luke. "My name's Luke. I'm on the social committee. We want to plan some days and nights out for people from the hospital. Can I ask you some questions?"
“嗨,夏洛特。”盧克說,“我叫盧克。我是社交委員會的。我們打算為醫院里的人安排一些白天和晚上的社交活動。我可以問你幾個問題嗎?”
"OK," said Charlotte, and she smiled at Luke.
“好啊。”夏洛特說,她朝盧克笑了笑。
They sat down near the window.
他們在窗戶邊坐下。
"Right," said Luke. "First, what kind of music do you like?"
“好。”盧克說,“首先,你喜歡什么音樂?”
"Well, I like the Good Girls, and Sadie Moonlight, and lots of girl singers, really. Oh, and Bobbie, of course."
“嗯,我喜歡好女孩樂隊和薩迪月光樂隊,還有很多女歌手,真的很喜歡。哦,當然還有鮑比。”
"Bobbie?" said Luke. "Really?"
“鮑比?”盧克說,“真的嗎?”
"He's wonderful. "Love me, love nobody but me,"" sang Charlotte happily.
“他真是棒極了!‘愛我,只愛我。’”夏洛特開心地唱了起來。