Chapter 8 A nice smile
第八章 甜蜜的微笑
Nick took the evening ferry back to Vancouver. He was tired and hungry, so he went down to get some dinner in the ferry restaurant.
尼克乘當晚的渡輪回溫哥華。他又累又餓,于是去渡輪的餐廳吃晚餐。
The restaurant was busy and there was only one free table. Nick sat down quickly and began to eat. 'I must get back to work tomorrow,' he thought, 'and forget about millionaires' daughters and men with guns.'
餐廳里人很多,只有一張餐桌空著。尼克馬上坐下,吃起東西來?!拔颐魈毂仨氈匦麻_始工作了,”他想,“別去想什么百萬富翁的女兒還有帶槍的男子了?!?/div>
'Excuse me,' somebody said. 'Can I sit with you?'
“對不起,”有人說話,“可以坐在你這兒嗎?”
Nick looked up. There was a pretty girl next to his table. He got up.
尼克抬起頭。餐桌旁邊站著一個漂亮的女孩兒。他站起身來。
'It -- it's OK,' he said. 'You can have this table. I don't want it.' And he began to move away.
“可——可以,”他答道,“你可以用這張桌子,我不用了?!彼f著就準備離開。
'Please don't go,' the girl said. 'Stay and finish your dinner.' She smiled at him. It was a nice smile.
“請不要走呀,”女孩兒說,“在這兒吃完你的晚餐呀?!彼龥_他微笑著。一個很甜蜜的微笑。
But Nick knew all about nice smiles.
可尼克對甜蜜的微笑太了解了。
'I'm not hungry,' he said.
“我不餓了?!彼f道。
And he walked quickly out of the restaurant.
接著他便迅速離開了餐廳。