you have a chance to win a higher place in this world if you work hard.
在這個世界上,只要賣力干活,就有機會往上爬,
If you won't work hard, you'll be beaten. And what do they call you?
如果你不賣力呢,就一定會挨打。你叫什么?
Arya dared not say her true name, but Arry was no good either,
艾莉亞不敢說出真名,但阿利也不行,
it was a boy's name and they could see she was no boy.
那是男孩的名字,她們看得出她不是男孩。
Weasel, she said, naming the first girl she could think of.
黃鼠狼,小女孩第一時間閃入她的腦海,她便順勢答道,
Lommy called me Weasel. I can see why, sniffed Goodwife Amabel.
羅米叫我黃鼠狼。真是人如其名,埃瑪貝爾太太吸吸鼻子,
That hair is a fright and a nest for lice as well. We'll have it off, and then you're for the kitchens.
頭發亂得驚人,完全是個跳蚤窩。我們先剪掉它,然后派你去廚房。
I'd sooner tend the horses. Arya liked horses, and maybe if she was in the stables she'd be able to steal one and escape.
我想去照看馬匹。艾莉亞喜歡馬兒,況且如果在馬廄工作,說不定能偷匹馬逃走。
Goodwife Harra slapped her so hard that her swollen lip broke open all over again.
哈拉太太狠狠打了她一巴掌,她腫脹的嘴唇立刻又全裂開了。
And keep that tongue to yourself or you'll get worse. No one asked your views.
少多嘴多舌,否則有你苦頭吃!沒人征求你的意見!
The blood in her mouth had a salty metal tang to it. Arya dropped her gaze and said nothing.
嘴里的血有一股咸澀的金屬味,艾莉亞垂下視線,一言不發。
If I still had Needle, she wouldn't dare hit me, she thought sullenly.
如果縫衣針還在我手上,她絕不敢打我,她悶悶不樂地想。
Lord Tywin and his knights have grooms and squires to tend their horses,
泰溫大人和他的騎士們的馬自有馬夫和侍從照顧,
they don't need the likes of you, Goodwife Amabel said.
用不著你這種小人!埃瑪貝爾太太道,
The kitchens are snug and clean, and there's always a warm fire to sleep by and plenty to eat.
廚房既暖和又干凈,天天吃得飽,睡得暖,