Horizon has travelled the globe to meet the people
“地平線”已經周游世界,結識那些人,
who can show us all how to improve our chances of living longer, healthier lives.
他們給我們大家證明,人們能夠有機會生活地更長壽,更健康。
From the first time that my brother and I landed in Okinawa,
首先我和我的弟弟一起來到沖繩島,
the... the feel and the smell of the place, I just, I was inspired.
這地方的感受和味道,我只是,陶醉其中。
You walk down the street and there's an elderly lady sweeping outside of a little restaurant.
走在街頭,看到一位老婦在小餐館的外面打掃。
You look at her and think, "There's a nice 65-year-old lady,
看著她在想,“一個不錯的65歲的老婆婆,
she's probably retired, a part-time job, keeping busy,"
她大概退休了吧,還在干活。”
and then you find out she's 90 or 95 or 99.
后來你發現她的年齡有90,95或99歲。
And you go down the market and you see...
到了市場,你看到……
"Oh, there's a lady, she looks like she's in her 70s,"
“噢,老婦人,看起來才70多歲?!?/p>
and you find out, "Oh, yeah she's 101."
后來,發現,“啊,她有101歲了?!?/p>
And I thought, wow!
我以為,哇!
Do we have a Shangri la here, a real Shangri la?
這里就是現實中的香格里拉?
The remote island of Okinawa is home to one of the longest-living communities in the world.
偏遠的沖繩島是長壽之鄉,世界上最長壽的社會之一。
In a population of only one million, there are 900 centenarians,
只有100萬人,卻有著900位百歲老人,
a percentage that's over four times higher than Britain and America.
比例是英國和美國的4倍以上。
It's a place where age has a different meaning...
這是個年齡有著不同意義的地方……