"We have had a bird from Old Wyk. Dagmer is bringing the Drumms and Stonehouses.
“我們剛接到老威克島的飛鳥傳信,達格摩帶著卓鼓家和斯通浩斯家正在路上。
If the god grants us good winds, we will sail when they arrive... or you will.
惟愿神靈賜予順風,他們一趕到我們就大舉行動……
I mean for you to strike the first blow, Theon. You shall take eight longships north—"
首先是你,我打算派你擔任先鋒,席恩。你將率領八艘長船航往北——”
"Eight?" His face reddened. "What can I hope to accomplish with only eight longships?"
“八艘?”他脹紅了臉,“八艘船能干什么?”
"You are to harry the Stony Shore, raiding the fishing villages and sinking any ships you chance to meet.
“你的任務是襲擊磐石海岸,掠奪沿海漁村,擊沉見到的每一條船。
It may be that you will draw some of the northern lords out from behind their stone walls.
也許你能把幾個北方老爺從他們的石碉堡里引出來。
Aeron will accompany you, and Dagmer Cleftjaw."
伊倫會跟著你,還有裂顎達格摩?!?/p>
"May the Drowned God bless our swords," the priest said.
“愿神圣的淹神賜福我們的寶劍,”牧師應道。
Theon felt as if he'd been slapped. He was being sent to do reaver's work,
這感覺就像被猛扇了一巴掌。交給他的是一點掠奪的工作,
burning fishermen out of their hovels and raping their ugly daughters,
燒毀漁夫的茅屋,奸污他們丑陋的女兒,
and yet it seemed Lord Balon did not trust him sufficiently to do even that much.
巴隆大王不信他能干點別的!而且就辦這點事他也不能自主,
Bad enough to have to suffer the Damphair's scowls and chidings.
必須忍受濕發的臉色和責罵,
With Dagmer Cleftjaw along as well, his command would be purely nominal.
外加裂顎達格摩這老小子,這不是打算架空他,擺他做樣子么!
"Asha my daughter," Lord Balon went on, and Theon turned to see that his sister had slipped in silently,
“我的女兒阿莎,”巴隆續道,席恩回頭看見姐姐無聲地閃進來,
"you shall take thirty longships of picked men round Sea Dragon Point.
“你將率領三十條長船去海龍角,記住,你的手下務必精挑細選。