In 2017, Bumble threw a party and hired the band Spoon to play at the opening of its new headquarters.
2017年,Bumble在新總部開幕式上舉辦了一個派對,并聘請了勺子樂隊來演奏。
Some employees were invited; others saw party photos on Instagram and wondered why they'd been left out.
一些員工受到邀請;另一些人在Instagram上看到了派對照片,想知道他們為什么沒有受邀。
Wolfe Herd is adamant that she has never knowingly treated employees unfairly.
沃爾夫·赫德堅信,她從來沒有故意不公平地對待員工。
"It's not like we're like, 'You're our favorite, you get to go to Lollapalooza,'" she said.
她說:“我們并不是說‘你是我們的最愛,你可以去洛拉帕洛薩。’”。
That party had been primarily for media, and it just wasn't possible to invite all of Bumble's then-40 employees to the opening of the company's offices.
那次聚會主要是為媒體舉辦的,不可能邀請Bumble當時的40名員工參加公司辦公室的開幕儀式。
"We have a fire code issue, OK?"
“我們是有規定的,好嗎?”
Today, Bumble has about 140 employees.
今天,Bumble有大約140名員工。
It's expanded its office space and scaled back the birthday presents and is 51% white, which makes it significantly diverse.
它擴大了辦公空間,縮小了生日禮物的數量。員工中51%的人是白人,這加大了多樣化。
Visitors to its headquarters can select their preferred gender pronouns.
參觀其總部的游客可以選擇他們喜歡的性別代詞。
Company lunches have vegan options. "We do Woke Wednesdays," said Caitlin Sullivan,
公司午餐可以選擇素食。凱特琳·沙利文說:“我們有一個周三覺醒的活動。”
who until recently was Bumble's associate director of people and culture,
他直到最近還是Bumble的人文副總監,周三覺醒是指一個內部項目。
referring to an internal program where outside speakers talk about social issues.
在這個項目中,外來嘉賓談論社會問題。
"We had someone talk about the bamboo ceiling, which is about Asian people just having a really hard time moving up within corporations."
“有人談到了竹制天花板,這是指有關亞洲人在公司內部很難升遷的問題。”
When Wolfe Herd learned that former employees were talking to me, she asked that I fly to Texas so she could address their allegations in person.
當沃爾夫·赫德得知前雇員在和我談話時,她要我飛到得克薩斯州,以便她能親自解決他們的指責。
She appeared shocked by what she heard, and that people were afraid to come forward by name.
她似乎對自己聽到的話感到震驚,人們不敢說出自己的名字。
"I would never suggest anyone get in trouble for speaking their truth," she said.
“我絕不是意指任何人因為說出真相而惹上麻煩,”她說。
Of course, she added, if they did say something, "technically, somebody at the company could sue.
當然,她補充道,如果他們真的說了些什么,“嚴格來說,公司里的人可以起訴,
That is according to the law. Not according to my wishes."
這是法律規定的,而不是憑借我的意愿。
She alternated between asking me if she was a bad CEO and saying she felt employees' criticism of Bumble was unfair.
她時而問我她是不是一個糟糕的CEO,時而說她覺得員工對Bumble的批評是不公平的。
"It's almost like, because we're a company with a mission that is trying to not just pump a product,
“這幾乎就像是,因為我們是一家肩負著使命的公司,不僅要為產品打氣,
but pump a product that raises eyebrows and turns the tables, we're kind of being held to unrealistic standards," she said.
還要為讓人揚眉吐氣,扭轉局面的產品打氣,我們有點被束縛在不切實際的標準之下,”她說。