Our focus has been neck up; and most of what happens to us is neck down.
我們關注的大多是脖子以上 而真正發生在我們身上的問題都在脖子以下
Now hearing this was very important for me.
聽到這番話對我很重要
It was double important hearing from Martin Seligman for various reasons.
尤其是從馬丁·塞利格曼 那里聽到 就更為重要了
First of all, Martin Seligman has always been ahead of the game.
首先 馬丁·塞利格曼總是走在前面的
He has, you know, brought cognitive psychology into…
他引領了認知心理學
when it wasn't, it was hardly known, when behaviorism was dominant.
在它還未盛行 行為主義還是主流的時候
So his research is ahead of his time. He brought positive psychology, or integrated it as a unified field of study.
因此他的研究是超前于時代的 他開創了積極心理學 或者說將其整合為一門學科領域
And Martin Seligman-also the second thing beyond him being a visionary
馬丁·塞利格曼 除了他是一個有遠見并且

and very important psychologist-he was also one of the founders of cognitive psychology.
很重要的心理學家之外 他還是認知心理學的創始人之一
I mean, what is the cognitive therapy about? It's about neck up.
認知療法是怎樣的 就是關于脖子以上的
And for him to say, we have been focusing too much on neck-up and we need to go neck down.
按照他的說法 我們過分關注脖子以上 我們需要關注脖子以下
That means he thought about it a lot. That means he really studied this phenomenon
這就意味著他已經想了很多 這意味著他確實研究了這種現象
and really understands that we need a serious shift here. And he is very right.
確實了解了我們需要一個大的轉型 而他十分正確
And this is the topic of the next two lectures.
這將是下兩節課的話題
In fact what I'm going to offer you is a "wonder drug". And this is only for students in 1504.
實際上我要跟你們講的是一種"靈藥"
OK, the auditors as well. You can have that "wonder drug" too.
只提供給上1504課的學生 旁聽的也算 你們也可以得到“靈藥”
And here is what the "wonder drug" is going to be doing for you.
靈藥將給你們帶來這樣的好處
The "wonder drug" is going to make you feel good. Real good.
靈藥能使你們感覺很好 非常好