And again, it's easier said than done. But over time, we can train
說起來容易 做起來難 但逐漸我們可以通過冥想
our mind through meditation, through cognitively reframing things.
來訓練我們的思想 通過對事物進行認知重建
We can train our mind to be able to make that shift almost at will.
我們可以訓練我們的思想 使其能夠按照我們的意愿來轉換
So let me give you an example of the three Ps applied.
我來給你們舉個應用三個P的例子吧
So this happened to me at the beginning of the semester, about two weeks into the semester.
這是剛開學時發生在我身上的事 大約開學后兩個星期
I was…I had to take Shirell, my daughter to day care.
我要帶我的女兒史瑞爾去托兒所
And I was running late. I was running really late.
我就要遲到了 遲了很多
And you know what I like to do before lectures is to work out.
你們知道我上課前一般都會去健身
Now I realized I was not going to have time to work out,
我意識到我沒時間去健身了

I hardly had any time to go over the lecture notes that I do twice in the morning before the lecture.
我甚至幾乎沒時間復習備課筆記 我在上課前都會復習兩遍
And I got upset. And I became stressed. Then I said, "OK. Let's take the three Ps and apply them."
于是我很沮喪 很有壓力 然后我說 “就用用三個P吧”
First P, permission. Acceptance. I said to myself, "OK. So you are stressed.
第一個P 許可 接受 我對自己說 “你壓力很大
So you are upset. It's OK to be upset. It's OK to be stressed.
你很沮喪 這些都沒關系
Even if you do teach positive psychology. It's all right."
即使你是教積極心理學的 也沒關系”
The second thing that I said-respect for reality.
我說的第二件事就是尊重現實
This is the beginning of the semester. A lot of things are happening.
這是學期剛開始的時候 很多事情都碰在一起
We had just arrived from Israel a couple of weeks earlier.
我們幾個星期前剛從以色列回來
A little bit of jet lag. The kids. Respect for reality. It is what it is.
要倒時差 還有小孩要照顧 尊重現實 現實就是這樣
And then I moved on to positive. So what's the benefit here?
然后我轉向第二個P 積極性 有什么好處呢