Not treating ourselves differently than we would others. Holding…Having similar standards.
對待自己不能不同于對待別人 要有同樣的標準
Accepting failure in the same way that we accepted in others, in people we love.
要像接受別人 我們所愛的人的失敗一樣 去接受我們自己的失敗
After all, why not? How do we help other people?
為什么不呢 我們是如何幫助別人的
Because very often when we are in relationships,
因為通常我們處于一段感情中時
people are in relationships with a perfectionist or,
和完美主義者有感情的人
we know a friend of ours is a perfectionist, how do we help other people?
或者我們有個朋友是完美主義者的話 我們如何去幫助別人
The first thing that is important to make very clear
首先要搞清楚的一件重要的事
is that it is extremely difficult to help other people deal with perfectionism.
就是幫助別人是非常困難的 處理完美主義的問題
It mostly has to come from within. They have to want a change.
通常都要從內部著手 他們必須要渴望改變

Because it takes time. Doesn't happen over night.
因為這是需要時間的 不是立竿見影的
I know it from research or I know it from personal experience.
我從研究中 或者個人經歷中了解到這一點
And yet, we can help, after accepting that it is difficult.
但我們還是能去幫助他人 即使知道這很困難
The first most important thing to do is by example.
首先最重要的事就是樹立榜樣
If I can change, and become more a person committed to excellence,
如果我能改變 成為一個追求卓越的人
enjoy the journey, celebrate even failures, even falling down once in a while.
享受過程 即使失敗也要慶祝 即使偶爾挫折也要慶祝
Then I'm leading by example. And remember that experiment, right?
那我就做出了榜樣 還記得那個實驗吧
People do what you do, rather than what you say.
人們更愿意照著你所做的去做 而不是你說的話
Second thing to do is to tell stories about it, which is what this lecture is essentially,
第二件事就是分享這個故事 也就是這門課
the last two lectures were about-mostly, personal stories of how I moved or am moving
上兩節課所講的內容 基本上是關于我個人如何從
from being a perfectionist to being committed to excellence.
完美主義者變為追求卓越者的故事
So telling stories, sharing. Again, the difference between sharing and telling:
講故事 互相分享 再次強調分享和講的區別:
sharing, both of us get; telling is one way street.
分享 兩者皆有收獲 講就只是單行道