He had not known that Ambrode had a daughter, or Sigrin a wife...
他不知安布德還有個女兒,西格林的老婆?……
but he'd met the younger shipwright only once, and the older one he scarce remembered.
但他和年輕的造船師傅只有一面之緣,而對以前那位大師更是記憶模糊。
"You're wasted on Sigrin."
“你和西格林在一起真浪費。”
"Oho. Sigrin told me this sweet ship is wasted on you."
“噢,西格林告訴我,把這艘漂亮的船給你才浪費呢。”
Theon bristled. "Do you know who I am?"
席恩怒火中燒。“你知道我是誰?”
"Prince Theon of House Greyjoy. Who else? Tell me true, my lord, how well do you love her, this new maid of yours? Sigrin will want to know."
“葛雷喬伊家族的席恩王子,對不對?說實話,大人,你喜不喜歡她,這艘獻給你的美少女?西格林很想知道。”
The longship was so new that she still smelled of pitch and resin.
這艘長船嶄嶄新新,散發著瀝青和樹脂的味道。

His uncle Aeron would bless her on the morrow, but Theon had ridden over from Pyke to get a look at her before she was launched.
明天,伊倫叔叔將在新船下水之際予她祝福,但席恩已等不及,便飛馬從派克城趕過來預先觀看。
She was not so large as Lord Balon's own Great Kraken or his uncle Victarion's Iron Victory,
她的大小比不上巴隆大王的泓洋巨怪號和維克塔利昂的無敵鐵種號,
but she looked swift and sweet, even sitting in her wooden cradle on the strand;
但即便躺在岸邊的木船塢,已能讓人充分感受她的靈巧與敏捷:
lean black hull a hundred feet long, a single tall mast, fifty long oars, deck enough for a hundred men...
一百尺長的黑色流線形船殼,一根獨立的大桅桿,五十條長槳,足夠一百人站立的甲板……
and at the prow, the great iron ram in the shape of an arrowhead.
船首則是一座塑成箭頭形狀的鋼鐵巨錘。
"Sigrin did me good service," he admitted. "Is she as fast as she looks?"
“西格林取悅了我,”他承認,“她真的就跟看起來一樣跑得快?”
"Faster—for a master that knows how to handle her."
“很快很快——只要駕御她的是懂行的人。”
"It has been a few years since I sailed a ship." And I've never captained one, if truth be told.
“我有幾年沒駕過船了。”事實上,從未當過船長。
"Still, I'm a Greyjoy, and an ironman. The sea is in my blood."
“不過,我是葛雷喬伊家的人,我是鐵民,大海融入了我的血脈。”
"And your blood will be in the sea, if you sail the way you talk," she told him.
“如果你想好好開船,你的血脈應該融入大海,”她告訴他。