Yes. Jon thought of Gilly. She and her sisters. They were nineteen, and Craster was one, but...
是啊。瓊恩想起了吉莉,想起了她的姐妹們,她們共有十九人,卡斯特孤身一個,可……
"Yet it would be an ill day for us if Craster died.
“其實對我們而言,卡斯特的死并不值得慶幸。
Your uncle could tell you of the times Craster's Keep made the difference between life and death for our rangers."
你叔叔若健在,必會告訴你卡斯特堡壘對我們的游騎兵來說,通常意味著生與死的差別?!?/div>
?
"My father..." He hesitated.
“我父親說……”他猶豫起來。
"Go on, Jon. Say what you would say."
“說吧,瓊恩。想說什么只管說?!?/div>
"A bannerman who is brutal or unjust dishonors his liege lord as well as himself."
"My father once told me that some men are not worth having," Jon finished.
“我父親告訴過我,有的人是咎由自取,罪有應得,”瓊恩道,

“一個殘暴不公的封臣不僅玷污了自己,還玷污了他的主人?!?/div>
"Craster is his own man. He has sworn us no vows. Nor is he subject to our laws.
“卡斯特是個自由人,他沒有對我們宣誓,并不需遵從我們的律法。
Your heart is noble, Jon, but learn a lesson here. We cannot set the world to rights.
你有一顆高貴的心,瓊恩,但你得學會這一課:我們不能按自己的想法來塑造這個世界,
That is not our purpose. The Night's Watch has other wars to fight."
這并非我們的目的,咱們守夜人軍團的職責只是戰斗。”
Other wars. Yes. I must remember. "Jarman Buckwell said I might have need of my sword soon."
戰斗,是啊,我必須謹記?!百Z曼·布克威爾也說我的劍很快就要派上用場?!?/div>
"Did he?" Mormont did not seem pleased. "Craster said much and more last night,
“是嗎?”莫爾蒙看來有些憂慮,“昨晚,卡斯特對我們說了許多,
and confirmed enough of my fears to condemn me to a sleepless night on his floor.
完全印證了我之前的擔心。我躺在地板上,一夜沒睡。
Mance Rayder is gathering his people together in the Frostfangs. That's why the villages are empty.
曼斯·雷德正在霜雪之牙上聚集部眾,因此村落紛紛荒廢。
It is the same tale that Ser Denys Mallister had from the wildling his men captured in the Gorge,
這跟出發之前,丹尼斯·梅利斯特爵士的部下從大峽谷里抓到的野人口中得到的消息一模一樣。
but Craster has added the where, and that makes all the difference."
惟一的區別在于,卡斯特把他們集結的確切地點告訴了我們,情況越來越復雜了。”

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: