Hello GW. Thank you very much President Knapp for that kind intro.
喬治華盛頓的同學們你們好。非常感謝克納普校長的熱情介紹。
Alex, trustees, faculty and deans of the university, my fellow honorees, and especially you the class of 2015. Yes.
感謝亞歷克斯、理事會、全體教員和院長、我的賓客們,尤其是你們,2015屆的畢業生們。是的。
Congratulations to you, to your family, to your friends that are attending today's ceremony. You made it.
祝賀你,你的家人,你的朋友以及今天參加儀式的諸位。
It's a privilege, a rare privilege of a lifetime to be with you today.
你們做到了。今天能與你們共享這個時刻是我生平罕見的榮幸。
And I think thank you enough for making me an honorary Colonial.
非常感謝你們賦予我此項殊榮。
Before I begin today, they asked me to make a standard announcement.
在我開始之前,他們要求我做一個標準的公告。
You've heard this before. About silencing your phones.
是你之前聽過的。把手機調成靜音。
Those of you with an iPhone, just place it in silent mode.
所以,有iPhone的人請把手機調到靜音模式。
If you don't have an iPhone, please pass it to the center aisle.
沒有iPhone的請把手機傳到中間的過道。
Apple has a world-class recycling program.
蘋果有著世界先進的回收系統。
You know, this is really an amazing place.
你知道的,這里真是個神奇的地方。
And for a lot of you, I'm sure that being here in Washington,
對在座諸位中的大多數人來說,我敢肯定華盛頓,
the very center of our democracy, was a big draw when you were choosing which school to go to.
我們的民主的中心,是吸引你擇校的很大一個原因。
This place has a powerful pull.
這個地方有著強大的吸引力。
It was here that Dr. Martin Luther King challenged Americans to make real the promises of democracy,
正是在這里,馬丁·路德·金博士挑戰美國人以實現民主的承諾,
to make justice a reality for all of God's children.
使公正在所有上帝之子身上兌現。
And it was here that President Ronald Reagan called on us to believe in ourselves
正是在這里,羅納德·里根總統呼吁我們相信自己,
and to believe in our capacity to perform great deeds.
相信我們完成偉大創舉的能力。
I'd like to start this morning by telling you about my first visit here.
我想以我第一次訪問這里的經歷為今天的開場。