And we use words, slippery words, like algorithm.
我們使用詞匯,花哨的詞匯,比如說算法這個詞。
Okay, now if you hear someone use the word 'algorithm',
如果你聽到有人用“算法”這個詞,
and they're not a mathematics professor or a computer scientist,
而且他們不是數學教授,也不是計算機科學家,
they're probably trying to obscure what it is they actually do, what their company does.
他們可能在試圖掩蓋他們實際上在做什么,他們的公司在做什么。
At the very least they're trying to evade any responsibility for what it is that their company does or what it is they actually does.
至少他們在試圖逃避他們的公司或者他們個人應該負的責任。
I would love for you to be suspicious of this.
我希望你們能對此有所懷疑。
I would love for you to look at fundamentals, to look at what are we really doing in the world,
我希望你們去了解基本原理,了解我們在這個世界上到底在做什么、
what is the change that is being effected, how can we actually move the ball forward progressively in this way.
受到影響的變化是什么、我們如何才能用這種方式推動世界向前發展。
Oscar Wilde once said, the old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.
奧斯卡·王爾德曾經說過,老年人相信一切,中年人懷疑一切,青年人通曉一切。
You do know everything.
你們正處于什么都知道的年紀。
I'm clearly in my suspicious phase.
我顯然處在我的懷疑階段。
And I'd love to impart some of that to you because I think there's an enormous amount of work to be done.
我很樂意告訴你們其中的一些,因為我認為我們還有大量的工作要做。
And in the great tradition of these speeches, I don't have to tell you how to do it.
在演講的這項悠久的傳統中,我不需要告訴你們怎么做。
I just have to tell you that it's your problem now.
我只需要告訴你們,現在問題是你們的了。