We had a dream of being outside for this occasion.
我們曾經想要在外邊舉辦這個活動。
A reality intervened and we're in here.
但現實就是這樣,所以我們只能在這里。
We we live in the real world, we're deal in the real world.
我們生活在現實世界中,面對現實世界的問題。
And I think what I was saying earlier about communications, it's time for something of a reframing.
我之前提到了溝通,我想現在是時候重新架構了。
And it's something that your generation could do that my generation can't.
這是你們這一代人可以做到、而我們這一代人做不到的事情。
We are firmly embedded in the belief that we have changed the world in all kinds of incredible ways.
我們堅信我們已經用各種令人難以置信的方式改變了世界。
And we have all kinds of ways of selling this to you.
我們用各種各樣的方法將這一思想兜售給你們。
And you know, we use fancy words like 'disruption',
我們用一些花哨的詞,比如“市場干擾”,
which is essentially a form of sort of economic nihilism,
本質上是一種經濟虛無主義,
whereby you judge the value of a company by how much it can stop other companies making money,
也就是說人們判斷一個公司價值的標準是它能在多大程度上阻止其他公司賺錢,
rather than what they actually make themselves.
而不是其本身賺錢的能力。
That's there for those of you going into finance by the way.
順便說一下,這是為你們當中那些要進入金融行業的人準備的。
Just trying to lay a little groundwork for that.
我只是想打個基礎。