Server: Can I clear these plates and get them out of your way?
服務員:我可以把盤子清理一下,把這些收走嗎?
Alvin: Sure, we’re all done. Can I get the rest of that in a doggie bag?
阿爾文:當然,我們已經吃完了。剩下的我可以用狗食袋打包帶走嗎?
Server: No problem. I’ll wrap it up for you. Is there anything else I can get you? Did you leave room for dessert? How about some coffee or tea?
服務員:沒問題。我給您包起來。還有什么為您效勞的嗎?還需要來點甜點嗎?來點咖啡或茶怎么樣?
Alvin: No, I’m stuffed. Just the check for me, thanks.
阿爾文:不用了,我吃飽了。請幫我結賬,謝謝。
Server: Sure, coming right up.
服務員:可以,馬上來。
Server: Here’s your check. I’ll take that when you’re ready.
服務員:這是您的消費賬單。沒問題的話我幫您結算。
Alvin: Do you accept personal checks?
阿爾文:可以接受個人支票嗎?
Server: No, I’m afraid we don’t.
服務員:這恐怕不行。
Alvin: How about credit cards?
阿爾文:信用卡付款呢?
Server: Yes, we do accept credit cards.
服務員:我們可以接受信用卡付款。
Alvin: Here’s my Discover card.
阿爾文:這是我的Discover信用卡。
Server: Oh, we don’t accept that one.
服務員:抱歉,我們這里不能使用這類卡結算。
Alvin: Okay, here’s my American Express.
阿爾文:好吧,這是我的美國運通卡。
Server: Sorry, but we don’t take that one either. We only accept Visa or MasterCard.
服務員:不好意思,這張卡也不行。我們只接受Visa或萬事達卡。
Alvin: I don’t have a Visa or MasterCard.
阿爾文:我沒有Visa或萬事達卡。
Server: We also accept cash, of course.
服務員:當然,我們這里可以現金結算。
Alvin: I don’t have any cash on me. Is there an ATM nearby?
阿爾文:我身上沒帶現金,這附近有自助提款機嗎?
Server: There’s one about three blocks away, but you’ll need to leave something with us so we know you’re not running out on the check.
服務員:離這兒三個街區遠有一家,不過你得給我們抵押點東西,這樣我們就知道您不會跑路了。
Alvin: How about my doggie bag?
阿爾文:我的狗食袋可以抵押嗎?
Server: How about your cell phone or your driver’s license?
服務員:可以把您的手機或駕照抵押給我們嗎?
Alvin: Okay, here’s my cell phone. I’ll be back ASAP.
阿爾文:這是我的手機。我馬上回來。
Server: No rush. I’ll be right here making a few calls to Bora Bora.
服務員:不著急。我會用您的手機打幾通電話。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載