And I cognitively reconstructed it.
然后我對它進行了認知重建
I said, OK. It's anxiety inducing, permission to be human experience, but let's look at it as a challenge.
我說:好吧,這確實讓人很焦慮,準許自己為人,把它當成一次挑戰
That I have this wonderful opportunity to speak to such a great company, such wonderful people.
我有這么好的機會能和這么棒的公司,這么棒的人對話
I'm going to make the best of it. Turned it from a threat into a challenge, into opportunity.
我一定得好好珍惜,將它從威脅轉化為挑戰,轉化為機會
And that made a big difference in my approach to it.
這對我起到了極大的影響
Think about as in your life. What is it? Is it a play you want to try out for?
想想你們自己,有沒有這樣的事,是你要打的一場比賽嗎?
Is it someone you want to ask out? Is it speaking up in section?
是你想約出去的人嗎,是在公眾面前說話嗎
This is a study those who take Psych 1 or Psych 15 have encountered that, the work of Schachter & Singer, back in early 60s.
這有個學心理學1或者心理學15的同學會學到的研究,由沙赫特和辛格爾在60年代早期做的
Today it would never be able to get this past the ethics committee.
今天倫理道德委員會肯定不會批準的
Just like Milgram wouldn't be able to get his study passed. Here was what they did.
就像米爾格拉姆的研究肯定不會被批準一樣。他們所做的實驗如下

So they brought people into the experiment and injected them with epinephrine.
他們讓人們參與實驗,給他們注射腎上腺素
Epinephrine arouses the body. It... shots of adrenaline.
腎上腺素可以使機體興奮。注射腎上腺素
But they thought it was just vitamin C. They didn't know it's epinephrine.
但受試者以為打的只是維生素C,他們不知道這是腎上腺素
And then they were sitting in the experiment, waiting again for the "real" experiment.
然后他們就坐著等待“真正的”實驗
They were sitting in the waiting room.
他們坐在休息室里
And while they were sitting they were asked to fill out a questionnaire. Now remember, they just got a shot of adrenaline,
正當他們等著時,試驗者要求他們填一份調查問卷。記住他們剛被注射了腎上腺素
but they didn't know they got a shot of adrenaline.
但他們并不知道被注射了腎上腺素
So they were sitting, filling in a questionnaire.
于是他們就坐著填調查問卷
And in the first condition, the questionnaire had very provocative questions, to say the least.
在第一種條件下,問卷里有很刺激性的題目,可以這樣說
For example, one of these questions was so how many men did your mom sleep with before she got married to your dad?
比如說,其中有一道是這樣的:你媽媽和你爸爸結婚前和多少男人上過床