Same experiences. Monozygotic twins. Same genes.
同樣的經歷,同卵雙胞胎,同樣的基因
Radically different interpretation: one continuing the hell that he endured as a child; the other creating a heaven.
迥然相異的詮釋,一個延續了他兒時的地獄,另一個則創造了天堂
All because of interpretation. What do you do with it? Well, I have no choice. This is the way I was raised. This is the mode, passive victim.
都是因為詮釋的不同。應該怎么做,我別無選擇。我就是這樣長大的。那就是榜樣,被動的受害者說
The other, I'm not going to be like that. I'm not going to be like my father, active agent.
另一個則是,我不要變成這樣,我不要像我父親那樣,主動的創造者
So much of it is a matter of interpretation.
這都是因為詮釋的不同
Happiness, wellbeing, as we mentioned many times before, is not so much contingent on external circumstances,
快樂,幸福,正如我們之前多次提到的并不那么依賴外部的條件
not so much contingent on our status or the status of our bank account. It's contingent on our state of mind.
不在于我們的地位或是銀行賬戶的狀況,而是在于我們內心的想法
The thing that you'll remember though is that there are no shortcuts unfortunately.
你們必須記住的是很不幸,幸福是沒有捷徑的

There are no quick fixes unfortunately. If there were,
很不幸沒有簡便的方法。如果有
I promise you I would've told you. If I find out next week about a shortcut, even if it's over spring break,
我保證我會告訴你們的。如果我下周找到條捷徑,即便是在春假之后
you'll get an email from me. But I don't think there are.
你們一定會收到我的郵件的。但我不覺得會有的
And very often, the hope of finding a quick fix leads to more unhappiness.
通常寄希望于找到捷徑通常導致更多的不快樂
Here are some examples of cognitive reconstruction.
舉幾個認知重建的例子
This is work done by Tomaka on whether we perceive activity as a challenge or as a threat. Because we can perceive the exact same activity
這是由托馬卡進行的研究關于我們將活動視為挑戰還是威脅。因為對同一種活動我們可以從認知上
and cognitively reconstruct our understanding of it. So let me give you an example.
重建對其的理解。我給你們舉個例子