"You, sir, are the most phantom-like of all: you are a mere dream."
“你,先生,是最像幻影了,你只不過是個夢。”
He held out his hand, laughing.
他伸出手,大笑起來。
"Is that a dream?" said he, placing it close to my eyes.
“這也是個夢?”他把手放到緊挨我眼睛的地方說。
He had a rounded, muscular, and vigorous hand, as well as a long, strong arm.
他的手肌肉發達、強勁有力、十分勻稱,他的胳膊又長又壯實。
"Yes; though I touch it, it is a dream," said I, as I put it down from before my face.
“不錯,我碰了它,但它是個夢,”我把他的手從面前按下說。
"Sir, have you finished supper?" "Yes, Jane."
“先生,你用完晚飯了嗎?”“吃好了,簡。”
I rang the bell and ordered away the tray.
我打了鈴,吩咐把托盤拿走。
When we were again alone, I stirred the fire, and then took a low seat at my master's knee.
再次只剩下我們兩人時,我撥了撥火,在我主人膝邊找了個低矮的位置坐下。
"It is near midnight," I said.
“將近半夜了,”我說。
"Yes: but remember, Jane, you promised to wake with me the night before my wedding."
“不錯,但記住,簡,你答應過,在婚禮前夜同我一起守夜。”
"I did; and I will keep my promise, for an hour or two at least: I have no wish to go to bed."
“我的確答應過,而且我會信守諾言,至少陪你一兩個小時,我不想睡覺。”
"Are all your arrangements complete?" "All, sir."
“你都收拾好了嗎,” “都好了,先生。”
"And on my part likewise," he returned, "I have settled everything;
“我也好了,”他說。“我什么都處理好了,
and we shall leave Thornfield to-morrow, within half-an-hour after our return from church." "Very well, sir."
明天從教堂里一回來,半小時之內我們就離開桑菲爾德。”“很好,先生。”