And positive emotions and painful emotions often flow through the same emotional pathways.
而所有積極和痛苦的情緒都流動于同一條情緒通路
And when we're limiting one, we're very often limiting the other.
當我們限制其一的時候,我們也限制了另一方
So if we open up the pathways, give ourselves the permission to be human
因此如果我們開啟通路,接受自己全然為人
and give ourselves the permission to cry when we're sad or ecstatic.
無論是出于悲傷或極度的喜悅,允許自己哭泣
That very often opens up, makes it more likely that we experience positive emotions as well
我們就能開啟通路讓自己更容易感受到積極的情緒
Paradoxical, but this is the paradox of the permission to be human.
看似矛盾,但這就是全然為人的雋語
When we give ourselves permission to experience painful emotions, we're more likely to experience the positive emotions.
當我們允許自己感受痛苦的情緒,我們就會更容易感受到積極的情緒
Mindfulness, being present.
還有就是專注力,感受當下
Lot of time when we are listening to music, for example, really listening to music,
舉個例子,很多時候,當我們聽音樂就是全神貫注的聽音樂的時候

not just having it as background while text messaging, doing homework, and talking to our friends. But when we really listen to
不是放著背景音樂,在一邊發短信,做功課和朋友聊天。而是全神貫注的聽
music that we love, very often we have a peak experience being present.
我們喜歡的音樂,很多時候,我們會有臨場的高峰體驗
According to Maslow's research, these are two of the most likely, most likely areas where we can experience the peak experience.
根據馬斯洛的理論,這兩個條件能令我們最可能獲得高峰體驗
And by the way this I believe is, is innate.
順便說一下,我相信這也是一種天賦
You know even I see with, with Sherio, my one year old daughter.
我從我一歲的女兒謝里奧身上看到了
You know when there is music, when we dance, she laughs.
這種天賦,每當音樂響起,我們隨之起舞
This is not something we taught her.
她就會開心的笑,這不是我們教她的
We were born with, with this inclination for music and dance. We need to take time for that.
人對音樂和舞蹈的愛好是天生的。我們需要花時間去發掘這種天賦
Having a meaningful goal. When we're on purpose, when we're doing things that we love to do,
制定一個有意義的目標,當我們有所追求,做自己愛做的事情
when what we are, we are doing is meaningful and significant to us, we're much more likely to experience peak experiences.
做自己覺得有意義,重要的事情,我們更容易獲得高峰體驗