She was in the psychology office yesterday afternoon.
昨天下午她在心理系辦公室。
We only have her word that she left at 2:30. She may have stayed and met up with the dean.
我們從她口中得知,她在2:30離開,有可能她留下來見過院長。
That's a motive and an opportunity."
有動機,也有機會?!?/div>
I shook my head, but I knew he was right. It was possible, just possible that Jennifer was the murderer, but I refused to believe it.
我搖搖頭,但我知道他說的是對的,這是有可能的,但我只是不相信詹妮弗有可能是兇手。
"Then there's Clara Dunn," he said.
“還有克拉拉·鄧恩,”杰夫叔叔說。
"She had a strong motive. She hated Alan Maurie. He got the job she wanted very badly and he was trying to get her fired.
“她有充分的動機,她恨艾倫·毛里,毛里院長得到了克拉拉夢寐以求的工作,他想把克拉拉解雇。
She also had the perfect opportunity. Her office is next to his.
她也有一個絕好的機會,她的辦公室在院長的隔壁。
She could simply wait until the office was empty, and then go in and kill him."
只要等到辦公室里空無一人,克拉拉就可以進去殺了院長。”
"But she wouldn't have called you, would she?" I asked.
“可是她不會給你打電話的,不是嗎?”我問。
"She wouldn't have stayed in the office."
“她本來不該出現在辦公室的。”
"I want to believe Clara, but she is a very smart and clever woman," he said.
“我想相信克拉拉,但她是一個非常智慧和聰明的女人,”他說。
"It's just possible that she's also a very good actor."
“她也可能是一個很好的演員。”
"You mean you think she could have faked her shock, that she was just pretending?" I asked.
“你的意思是,你認為她只是在裝模作樣,她是在裝出震驚的樣子?”我問。
"Do you think she's acting now, pretending not to remember what happened?"
“你認為她現在是在演戲,假裝不記得發(fā)生了什么事嗎?”