I followed behind him,
我跟在他后面,
trying not to make any noise.
盡量不發出任何響聲。
We got to the door.
我們到了門口。
My uncle motioned for me to stand outside, next to the door.
杰夫叔叔示意我站在門外。
I stood there with my back to the wall.
我背靠著墻站在那里。
He opened the door quickly with a loud sound—bang!—to surprise whomever was inside.
他很快地把門打開了,聲音很大,里面的人一準嚇一跳。
There was someone there, dressed in a black jacket with a hood over his head.
那兒有個人,穿著一件黑夾克,頭上戴著兜帽。
Uncle Jeff walked in and tried to grab him, but the man pushed past him.
杰夫叔叔走進來想抓住他,但那人推開了杰夫叔叔。
Uncle Jeff lost his balance and fell to the ground.
杰夫叔叔沒站住,摔倒在地。
The man tried to run out of the office.
那人試圖跑出辦公室。
He didn't see me so I was able to grab him as he came through the doorway.
他沒看見我,所以當他走到門口時,我抓住了他。
He tried to get free, but I held on tight.
他試圖掙脫,但我緊緊地抓住了他。
By this time, Uncle Jeff was back on his feet and he came out into the hallway.
這時,杰夫叔叔已經站起來了,他走到走廊。
He grabbed the top of the hood and pulled it back.
摘掉他的帽子。
"Jennifer!" I yelled.
“珍妮弗!”我喊道。
She turned her head and looked at me. She looked as surprised as I was.
她轉過頭來看著我。她看起來和我一樣驚訝。
She stopped trying to get free. This was Jennifer, my Jennifer, my dream girl.
她不再試圖掙脫。這是珍妮佛,我的珍妮佛,我的夢中情人。
I had her in my arms, but this wasn't the way I had wanted to hold her.
我雙手抱著她,但這不是我想抱她的方式。