"But she gave me her keys to the psychology department and to the dean's office.
“但她把心理系和院長辦公室的鑰匙給了我,
I want to have a look around."
我想四處看看。”
"Tonight?" I asked.
“今晚嗎?”我問。
"Tonight," he said.
“是的,今晚,”杰夫叔叔說。
At 9:30, we arrived at the university. Both Uncle Jeff and I were dressed in dark clothes.
九點半,我們到了學校。杰夫叔叔和我都穿著深色衣服。
Technically, we weren't breaking in. We weren't committing a crime.
嚴格意義上說,我們沒有闖入。我們不屬于犯罪。
We had Clara Dunn's permission and her keys to enter the building.
我們在克拉拉·鄧恩的許可之下拿著她的鑰匙進了大樓。
But we didn't have the police's permission to go into the dean's office.
但是我們沒有得到警察的許可就進入了院長辦公室。
Uncle Jeff told me that he didn't want me to go into the dean's office.
杰夫叔叔告訴我他不想讓我去院長辦公室。
He didn't want me to get into trouble.
他不想讓我惹上麻煩。
We walked inside the building and toward the main doors of the psychology department.
我們進了大樓,朝心理系的大門走去。
No one else was around. Uncle Jeff opened the main doors and we stepped into the lobby.
周圍沒有別人。杰夫叔叔打開大門,我們走進大廳。
We began to walk down the hallway toward the dean's office.
我們開始沿著走廊向院長辦公室走去。
Suddenly, Uncle Jeff put out his arm to stop me.
突然,杰夫叔叔伸出手臂阻止我。
He pointed to the dean's office door.
他指著院長辦公室的門。
There was police tape across the door, but someone had taken it down on one side.
門那邊有警察用的膠帶,但有人把膠帶從一邊取下來了。
The door was open a little. And the light was on. Uncle Jeff started walking slowly toward the door.
門開了一點,燈還亮著,杰夫叔叔慢慢地朝門走去。