Uncle Jeff and I talked over the interview in the car.
杰夫叔叔和我在車里談了談這次見面。
We agreed that we only had Diana Marcelo's word that the affair was over.
我們一致認為,我們只是從戴安娜·馬塞洛口中得知這段戀情結束了。
And she didn't have an alibi.
她沒有不在場證明。
There was no one who could say whether or not she was at home yesterday afternoon.
誰也沒辦法證明她昨天下午在不在家。
We also needed to find out if her husband was really out of town.
我們還需要弄清楚她丈夫是不是真的不在城里。
Uncle Jeff dropped me at my friend Eddie's apartment.
杰夫叔叔把我送到朋友埃迪的公寓。
I had promised a long time ago that I would help him move.
我很久以前就答應過他要幫他搬家。
I would have much rather stayed with Uncle Jeff to keep working on the case, but a promise is a promise.
我寧愿和杰夫叔叔一起繼續辦案,但承諾了就得做到。
I couldn't let him down.
我不能讓他失望。
After moving furniture and boxes for four hours, I got home at 4:30, exhausted and too tired to move.
搬了四個小時的家具和箱子,四點半回到家已經筋疲力盡。
But I managed to take a quick shower. Then I laid down on the couch.
我洗了個澡,然后躺在沙發上。
I only meant to rest for a few minutes, but when I opened my eyes, it was already 7:15.
我只想休息幾分鐘,但當我睜開眼睛的時候,已經7:15了。
Uncle Jeff still wasn't home.
杰夫叔叔仍然沒有回來。
I decided not to wait for him to eat dinner.
我決定先吃晚飯,不等他了。
I heated up some leftovers that were in the refrigerator and when I sat down to eat, I heard Uncle Jeff's car in the driveway.
我把冰箱里的剩菜熱了熱,當我坐下吃飯時,我聽見杰夫叔叔停車的聲音。