"Hi, can I help you?" she said to Uncle Jeff. I could tell that he was just as surprised by her beauty as I was.
“嗨,有什么我能幫忙的嗎?”她對杰夫叔叔說。我看得出來,杰夫叔叔和我一樣驚訝于她的美貌。
"I'm looking for Diana Marcelo," he said.
“我在找戴安娜·馬塞洛,”他說。
"That's me. What can I do for you?" she asked.
“就是我,找我有什么事嗎?她問道。
Uncle Jeff introduced himself.
杰夫叔叔做了一個自我介紹。
"You're Jeff McQueen, the Jeff McQueen?" she asked.
“你是杰夫·麥奎因,那個杰夫·麥奎因?”她問道。
"I'm very happy to meet you.
“很高興見到你。”
I read your last novel and I loved it. I'm honored to meet you."
我讀了你的上一部小說,很喜歡,很榮幸認識你。”
Uncle Jeff was always embarrassed when people praised him about his books.
自己的書被人稱贊時,杰夫叔叔總是一副尷尬的表情。
He didn't like to talk about them.
他不喜歡談論自己的作品。
He said quietly, "Thank you. Could we go inside and talk?"
他平靜地說道:“謝謝你,我們能進去談談嗎?”
Professor Marcelo looked confused, but she led us through the front door of her house.
馬塞洛教授看上去很困惑,但她帶我們穿過前門。
We stepped into the living room and she sat down on a chair.
我們走進客廳,馬塞洛教授坐在一張椅子上。
She waved for us to do the same.
她揮手讓我們也坐下來。
"I am very happy to meet you, but what is this all about?" she asked, looking first at Uncle Jeff and then at me.
“很高興見到你,但發生了什么事?”她問道,先看看杰夫叔叔,再看看我。
"The reason we're here is that we need your help," Uncle Jeff began.
“我們來這里是因為我們需要你的幫助,”杰夫叔叔開始說。
"Yesterday afternoon, Alan Maurie was found murdered."
“昨天下午,艾倫·毛里被人謀殺了。”
"What?" Professor Marcelo said, surprised.
“什么?”馬塞洛教授驚訝地說道。