With the help of an old friend at the university, Uncle Jeff got Professor Marcelo's home address.
在一位大學老朋友的幫助下,杰夫叔叔得到了馬塞洛教授的家庭住址。
She and her husband lived in a neighborhood called the Hollywood Hills, a part of the city with some very expensive homes.
她和丈夫住在好萊塢山莊,這里屬于高檔住宅區。
We drove up the hill on a narrow, winding road.
我們沿著一條狹窄曲折的路驅車上山。
"There it is. That's 9808 Sandoval Street," I said, pointing to one of the houses.
“就是那兒,桑多瓦爾街9808號,我指著其中一幢房子說道。
It was much smaller than the ones around it. It looked like an old house, too.
它比周圍的房子小得多,看起來有些年代了。
When we got out of the car, we saw a woman in jeans and a t-shirt kneeling on the ground.
下了車,我們看到一個穿著牛仔褲和t恤的女人跪在地上。
She wore gardening gloves and a big hat.
她戴著園藝手套和一頂大帽子。
When she saw us getting out of the car, she stood up.
她看到我們下車,站了起來。
I had heard of Diana Marcelo. She was one of the most well known economists in the country.
我聽說過戴安娜·馬塞洛。她是這個國家最著名的經濟學家之一。
But I had never seen her face, so I wasn't prepared when she took off her hat and smiled at us.
但我從未見過她,所以當她脫下帽子對我們微笑時,我沒有認出來。
She was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.
她是我見過的最漂亮的女人之一,
She was about five feet, five inches tall and thin, but with the right curves.
大約五尺五高,很瘦,但身材很好。
She had shoulder-length, dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a delicate face.
齊肩的長發,深棕的發色,藍眼睛,一張精致的臉。
She looked like an angel that Michaelango might have painted.
看起來就像米高安哲奴畫里的天使。