'Pettigrew ... that fat little boy who was always tagging around after them at Hogwarts?' said Madam Rosmerta.
“小矮星彼得……那個胖胖的小男孩,在霍格沃茨一直跟在他們后面的那個嗎?”羅斯默塔問道。
'Hero-worshipped Black and Potter,' said Professor McGonagall. 'Never quite in their league, talent-wise.
“把波特和布萊克當英雄來崇拜,”麥格教授說,“要是數聰明,從來不是他們一伙的。
I was often rather sharp with him. You can imagine how I — how I regret that now ...'
我時常對他很兇。你們可以想象現在我是多么……多么后悔……”
She sounded as though she had a sudden head cold.
她聲音發澀,好像突然患了感冒。
'There, now, Minerva,' said Fudge kindly, 'Pettigrew died a hero's death.
“好啦,米勒娃,”福吉寬容地說,“小矮星彼得死得英雄。
Eye-witnesses — Muggles, of course, we wiped their memories later — told us how Pettigrew cornered Black.
目擊者——是麻瓜們,事后我們自然抹去了他們的記憶——告訴我們說,小矮星彼得是怎樣把布萊克逼到絕地的。
They say he was sobbing.
他們說他在抽泣。
"Lily and James, Sirius! How could you!"
‘莉莉和詹姆,小天狼星!你怎么能!’

And then he went for his wand. Well, of course, Black was quicker. Blew Pettigrew to smithereens ...'
然后他拿起魔杖。當然,布萊克比他快。小矮星彼得就這樣被炸成了碎片?!?/div>
Professor McGonagall blew her nose and said thickly,
麥格教授擤了擤鼻子,激動地說:
'Stupid boy ... foolish boy ... he was always hopeless at duelling ... should have left it to the Ministry ...'
“笨孩子,傻孩子……他在決斗的時候總是糟得不行……應該讓魔法部來動手的……”
'I tell yeh, if I'd got ter Black before little Pettigrew did, I wouldn't've messed around with wands — I'd've ripped him limb — from — limb,' Hagrid growled.
“我告訴你,要是我在小矮星彼得之前抓到布萊克,我可不用什么魔杖——我會折斷——一個一個地折斷他的四肢?!焙8衽叵?。
'You don't know what you're talking about, Hagrid,' said Fudge sharply.
“你都不知道你在說什么,海格?!备<怃J地說,
'Nobody but trained Hit Wizards from the Magical Law Enforcement Squad would have stood a chance against Black once he was cornered.
“只有魔法法律執行隊經過訓練的打擊手,也許才能在布萊克沒有到走到絕境的時候打敗他。
I was Junior Minister in the Department of Magical Catastrophes at the time,
那時我是魔法災難部的副部長,
and I was one of the first on the scene after Black murdered all those people.
我也是在布萊克殺了那么多人之后第一批趕到現場的。
來源:可可英語 http://www.ccdyzl.cn/Article/201811/569865.shtml