'Hagrid, please!' said Professor McGonagall. 'Keep your voice down!'
“海格,別!”麥格教授說,“聲音放低一些!”
'How was I ter know he wasn'upset abou'Lily an'James?
“我怎么知道他不是在為莉莉和詹姆傷心啊?
It was You-Know-Who he cared abou'!
他關心的是神秘人!
An'then he says, "Give Harry ter me, Hagrid, I'm his godfather, I'll look after him —" Ha!
然后他說道:‘把哈利給我吧,海格,我是他的教父,我會照顧他的——’哈!
But I'd had me orders from Dumbledore, an'I told Black no, Dumbledore said Harry was ter go ter his aunt an'uncle's.
但是鄧布利多吩咐過我,于是我對布萊克說不行,鄧布利多說哈利應該到他的姨媽和姨父那里去。
Black argued, but in the end he gave in.
布萊克不同意,但最后他讓步了。
Told me ter take his motorbike ter get Harry there.
叫我騎他的摩托把哈利送到那里去。
"I won'need it any more," he says.
‘我不再需要這輛摩托了。’這是他說的。
'I shoulda known there was somethin'fishy goin'on then.
“那時我本來應該知道這里面有些什么可疑的地方。
He loved that motorbike, what was he givin'it ter me for?
他喜愛那輛摩托,他把摩托給我干嗎?
Why wouldn'he need it any more?
他為什么不再需要那輛摩托了?

Fact was, it was too easy ter trace.
其實這再容易理解不過了。
Dumbledore knew he'd bin the Potters'Secret Keeper.
鄧布利多知道他曾經是波特夫婦的保密人。
Black knew he was goin'ter have ter run fer it that night, knew it was a matter o'hours before the Ministry was after him.
布萊克知道他當天晚上就要逃命,知道不要幾個鐘頭魔法部就會來追捕他。
'But what if I'd given Harry to him, eh?
“但是要是我把哈利給了他又會怎樣呢?
I bet he'd've pitched him off the bike halfway out ter sea. His bes'friend's son!
我打賭半路上他就會把哈利從摩托上扔到海里去。他最好的朋友的兒子!
But when a wizard goes over ter the dark side, there's nothin'and no one that matters to 'em any more ...'
不過要是一個男巫墮落了,他就會對任何事情任何人都滿不在乎了……”
A long silence followed Hagrid's story.
海格說完了,大家一陣長時間的靜默。
Then Madam Rosmerta said with some satisfaction, 'But he didn't manage to disappear, did he?
然后羅斯默塔女士帶著一定程度的滿足說話了。“但是他沒有想辦法躲起來,是不是?
The Ministry of Magic caught up with him next day!'
第二天魔法部就抓到了他!”
'Alas, if only we had,' said Fudge bitterly. 'It was not we who found him. It was little Peter Pettigrew — another of the Potters'friends.
“哎呀,要是我們抓到他就好了,”福吉痛苦地說,“找到他的不是我們。而是小矮星彼得——波特的另外一個朋友。
Maddened by grief, no doubt, and knowing that Black had been the Potters'Secret Keeper, he went after Black himself.'
他肯定是悲哀得瘋狂了,他知道布萊克曾經是波特夫婦的保密人,所以他自己就去追布萊克了。”