I — I will never forget it.
我——我永遠不會忘記那場面。
I still dream about it sometimes.
有時我做夢還夢見呢。
A crater in the middle of the street, so deep it had cracked the sewer below.
街道中間有一個大坑,深得把下面的下水管道也弄破了。
Bodies everywhere. Muggles screaming.
到處是尸體。麻瓜們尖叫著。
And Black standing there laughing, with what was left of Pettigrew in front of him ... a heap of blood-stained robes and a few — a few fragments —'
而布萊克站在那里狂笑,小矮星彼得的殘骸就在他面前……一堆血跡斑斑的袍子和不多——不多的碎塊……”
Fudge's voice stopped abruptly.
福吉突然住了口。
There was the sound of five noses being blown.
傳來五個人擤鼻子的聲音。
'Well, there you have it, Rosmerta,' said Fudge thickly.
“好吧,故事你知道了,羅斯默塔,”福吉沙啞地說,
'Black was taken away by twenty members of the Magical Law Enforcement Patrol and Pettigrew received the Order of Merlin, First Class,
“布萊克被魔法法律執行隊的二十名巡邏員帶走了,小矮星彼得則得到了一級梅林爵士勛章。
which I think was some comfort to his poor mother.
我想這對他可憐的媽媽多少算是安慰吧。
Black's been in Azkaban ever since.'
自從那以后,布萊克一直關在阿茲卡班。”

Madam Rosmerta let out a long sigh.
羅斯默塔女士長嘆一聲。
'Is it true he's mad, Minister?'
“他瘋了,是真的嗎,部長?”
'I wish I could say that he was,' said Fudge slowly.
“但愿他是瘋了,”福吉慢慢地說,
'I certainly believe his master's defeat unhinged him for a while.
“我相信他的主子失敗這件事讓他在一段時期以內精神失常了。
The murder of Pettigrew and all those Muggles was the action of a cornered and desperate man — cruel ... pointless.
殺死小矮星彼得和那么多麻瓜,這是一個走投無路、絕望的人做的事……殘酷……沒有目的。
Yet I met Black on my last inspection of Azkaban.
但是上一次我視察阿茲卡班時遇到了布萊克。
You know, most of the prisoners in there sit muttering to themselves in the dark, there's no sense in them ...
你們知道,那里的犯人多數坐在那里,在黑暗中對自己嘟嘟嚷嚷,他們已經沒有什么意識了……
but I was shocked at how normal Black seemed.
但是,讓我震驚的是,布萊克似乎很正常。
He spoke quite rationally to me. It was unnerving.
他對我說的話很有條理。我感到煩惱不安。
You'd have thought he was merely bored — asked if I'd finished with my newspaper, cool as you please, said he missed doing the crossword.
你們會以為他只是感到厭煩罷了——他問我有沒有看完報紙,冷靜得不得了,說他想做報紙上的縱橫填字游戲。