Growing up Mormon.
作為一名摩門教徒長大。
Growing up in Yelyas Church.
在耶爾亞斯教堂長大。
Being Mormon.
作為一名摩門教徒。
I felt like being gay just wasn't an option.
我感覺,同性戀壓根兒不在我們的選擇范圍之內。
We were about as evil as a thing can get.
我們似乎是世界上最邪惡的人。
The church hasn't really acknowledged us.
教會并沒有真正承認我們。
I was ultimately told to suppress it.
他們也只讓我壓抑我的欲望。
I dealt with a lot of self-hatred.
我時常都會仇恨我自己。
I thought about suicide a lot.
我經常會想到自殺。
Utah's problem is that our suicide rate has been climbing in youth, and that's appalling.
猶他州的問題是我們的自殺率一直在攀升,而且攀升的速度令人震驚。
These kids are being lost, but there's no discussion in the church.
這些孩子正在迷失,但教會里并沒有討論這個問題。
As Mormons, we need to have some serious discussions, and look in the mirror and figure out what we're doing wrong.
作為摩門教徒,我們需要認真地討論,并照照鏡子,搞清楚我們的問題到底出在哪里。
The church has made it fairly clear where they stand on gay relationships,
教會已經明確表達了他們對同性戀關系的立場,
and so if you can't get on this ship, those of us that are in the trenches are gonna make it happen.
所以,如果你上不了這艘船,那我們中間那些與彼此共患難的人就會站出來助你一臂之力。
And that's what Mama Dragons do.
這就是“龍媽媽”的理念。
It's very cool to see this grass root network of women giving people hope, and giving people answers.
有這樣一個給大家帶來希望和答案的女性草根網絡很棒。

In the book, How To Be a Perfect Mormon Mother, there's no chapter, how to parent your gay kid.
《如何成為一個完美的摩門教母親》一書中沒有教大家如何培養同性戀孩子的內容。
Mama Dragons is helping to write that chapter.
“龍媽媽”正在幫忙書寫這一章節。
Before my son came out, I felt like being gay was an abomination.
我兒子出世之前,我覺得同性戀很可惡。
I felt like it was a choice.
我感覺那就是一個選擇。
I didn't really ever question anything.
我幾乎從未質疑過任何事情。
I was asked by my leaders to canvas my neighborhood and get signatures to protect the marriage between man and a woman.
領導們要求我調查我的鄰居,讓他們簽名,從而保護異性婚姻。
And I was a good little soldier.
我是一個非常稱職的小衛士。
My whole thought process changed when my son came out.
當我兒子出生以后,我的整個思維過程都變了。
The Mormons tend to be a pretty conservative bunch, socially,
在社交方面,摩門教徒往往比較保守,
and current Mormon doctrine and policy really doesn't have a place for the our LGBT kids.
目前的摩門教教義和政策沒有給我們的LGBT孩子絲毫的存在空間。
A lot of people are fearful that having their LGBT kids will impact their relationship with the church, it may impact their standing with the church,
很多人都擔心孩子是LGBT成員的話會影響他們與教會的關系,影響他們對教會的支持,
they're not willing to reach out and go to the next step.
他們不愿意站出來走上新的臺階。
For a lot of Mormon moms, having a kid come out is the start of a real faith crisis for them.
對很多摩門教媽媽來說,有一個出柜的孩子就等于一場嚴重的信仰危機的開始。