Wanna show them your smile?
給大家笑一個好不好?
Stockton was my long-awaited boy.
斯托克頓是我盼了好久的男孩兒。
He was, the happiest kid .
他是,我們家最幸福的孩子。
spoiled rotten.
都被我們寵壞了。
Up, shake, lay.
起來,握手,躺下。
I would say Stockton was very comfortable with being gay; I think Stockton was very uncomfortable with being alone.
我覺得,當一個同性戀對斯托克頓來說是很舒服的;一個人才會讓他非常不舒服。
That was June 27th of 2016.
那天是2016年6月27日。
If someone would've told me that, I would be coming back to my son being gone, I wouldn't have ever guessed it.
如果有人對我說,我回到他身邊的時候他已經走了,我怎么想都想不到。
I don't know; I don't know what kind of just pushed him that day.
我不知道;不知道那天是什么事情刺激了他。
I think that's one of the hardest things, not knowing, you know, as a mom,
我覺得這才是最讓人難以承受的,作為一個媽媽,你連孩子是怎么走的都不知道,
and if I could've, I would've done anything, to keep him here.
要是能將他留在這個世界上,我什么都愿意。
We hear about the gay kids who are taking their lives, but now it really did happen, it wasn't just someone said it, I live it; it's real.
我們也聽說過同性戀孩子結束自己的生命的事情,但現在這種事真的發生了,它不再是道聽途說的故事,而成了現實,我就有過親身經歷;是真的。
You can't sit and see a kid suffer;
你不能坐那兒眼睜睜地看著孩子受苦;
or see a kid talk about how they're worth nothing, and that their only two options is either to leave the church, or to commit suicide.
也不能眼睜睜地看孩子說他們是多么沒用,說他們就只有離開教堂或者自殺兩個選擇。
I've dealt with those kind of situations with kids.
我和孩子們一起經歷過這種情況。

If I didn't have Jill, part of me thinks I probably wouldn't be here right now.
如果沒有吉爾,我現在可能就不會站在這里了。
How are you?
你好。
Suicide is something that I've struggled with for a while.
自殺這個問題我已經糾結很長一段時間了。
There was a time I even thought that my parents would rather me die than to marry a man,
有段時間我甚至覺得我的父母會寧愿我死也不愿意我和一個男人結婚,
and so it's something that, logically, I thought made the most sense.
所以,我覺得,從邏輯上來講,自殺是最行得通的辦法。
I was having a really, really, really hard time, and so I was talking to a friend about it,
那時候我真的非常非常非常非常煎熬,所以我就跟一個朋友說了我的問題,
and he said, "Well, I have someone I can put you in contact with, her name is Jill and she's a Mama Dragon,"
他說,“是這樣,我認識一個人,你可以聯系一下,她叫吉爾,是一位龍媽媽,”
and I had no idea what in the world the Mama Dragons were.
那時我完全不知道龍媽媽是個什么鬼。
So it's been interesting that, in the space of a couple years, Jill has now become such an integral part of my life.
所以,沒想到這兩年下來,吉爾已經成了我生活中不可或缺的一部分,是不是很有意思。
We're just his home; he is welcome here; we love Shane as a family, but I think it is taking a long time for him to really, start to realize how wonderful he is.
我們就是他的家;他在這里是受歡迎的;我們會像家人一樣愛他,但我覺得他還需要很長一段時間才會意識到他自己是多棒的一個孩子。
He's had to go through a lot of dark times.
他必然會經歷很多黑暗時期。
It's very hard to be both openly gay and a very active, serious member of the church.
要想公開自己的同性戀身份,同時還積極參與教會的活動是很困難的。
You know, how do I choose between, literally, two parts of who I am?
我應該在我的兩個自我之間如何抉擇?
I think that's a challenge that lots of people had to experience.
我想,這是很多人都必然會經歷的一個挑戰。