"Oh well. Too bad," she said.
“哦,好吧,太糟糕了,”女孩說。
"Maybe I'll see you around."
“也許我們會再見的。”
She started to walk away.
她準備要走。
I had to think fast. I had missed my chance with her in the parking lot.
我得快說點什么,我已經在停車場錯過了一次。
I didn't want to waste this second chance.
我不想錯過第二次。
"Jennifer," I said. She turned around and looked at me, waiting.
“珍妮弗,”我說。她轉過身來看著我,等待著。
"Do you want to get some coffee later, or lunch, or something?" I said.
“你想待會兒再喝點咖啡,或者午餐,或者其它什么嗎?”我說。
I sounded stupid, even to myself.
聽起來,我自己都覺得很傻。
"Hmmm...Coffee, huh? I guess I could use a cup of coffee later.
“嗯…咖啡?我想來杯咖啡,
Why don't you meet me in front of the bookstore at 8:30 tonight."
今晚8點半,你在書店門前等我吧。”
"Tonight at 8:30," I said. "Great. I'll meet you there."
“今晚8點半,”我說。“太好了,我在那兒等你。”
She smiled again and then,
她又笑了,
without saying another word, turned around and walked through the office door.
沒說一句話,轉身走進了辦公室。
I did it! A date with my dream girl. I couldn't wait.
我做到了!和我的夢中情人約會,我有點等不及了。