I saw Ben right away through the glass window of one of the small offices.
我從一間小辦公室的玻璃窗外立馬就看見了本。
Ben is hard to miss. He has bright red hair and is over six feet tall.
本很難不被注意,他的發色是那種鮮紅色,身高有六尺多。
I walked to the door of the office and Ben looked up from his work.
我走到辦公室門口,本從工作中抬起了頭。
"Hey, Derrick, he said when I walked into the office.
“嗨,德里克,”我走進辦公室時他說道。
"Long time, no see. What have you been up to?"
“好久不見,你在忙什么?”
"Hi, Ben," I said. "I've been keeping busy. And you?"
“嗨,本,”我說。“我一直在忙。你呢?”
"Oh, I'm much better now that my master's thesis is almost finished," Ben said.
“哦,現在好多了,我的碩士論文快完成了,”本說。
"I never thought I would get it done. I've never written a 200-page paper before.
“我從沒想過我會完成,我之前從來沒有寫過200頁的論文。
I hope it'll be a long time before I have to write another one!
我希望我還有很長時間寫另一篇!
As soon as the dean signs it, it's official. I'm done."
院長一簽字就正式生效了,我就寫完了。”
"Well, it was worth it, wasn't it?" I asked.
“嗯,這是值得的,不是嗎?”我問。
"Yeah, and it got me that scholarship to Berkeley," Ben said.
“是的,它讓我獲得了伯克利的獎學金,”本說。
"It was worth it in the end, but while I was writing it, I thought I'd go crazy."
“最終還是值得的,但寫的時候,我想我要瘋了。”