"Don't be silly. You're smarter than most of the students in that class.
“別傻了,你比班上大多數學生都聰明。
You just have to study. Anyway, the truth is,
你只管學習,不管怎樣,事實是,
I'm only helping you so you'll help me with my history paper," Sydney said.
我只要幫助你,你會幫助我寫歷史論文?!蔽鞯履嵴f道。
"Yeah, right," I said. "Okay, let's study for an hour
“是,對的,”我說?!昂冒桑覀儗W一個小時。
and then I have to help Uncle Jeff with a new case."
然后我得幫杰夫叔叔處理一個新案子?!?/div>
"New case?" Sydney asked. "You mean another murder?"
“新案子?”西德尼問道?!澳闶钦f另一起謀殺案?”
"No, it's nothing like that," I said.
“不,不是那樣的,”我說。
"One of Uncle Jeff's old friends works for the dean of the psychology department.
杰夫叔叔的一位老朋友在心理系工作,
He has been getting anonymous letters threatening his life.
一直收到匿名恐嚇信。
Uncle Jeff's friend, Professor Dunn, was worried and wants him to find out who is sending the letters."
杰夫叔叔的朋友鄧恩教授很擔心,想讓他找出這些信是誰寫的。
I gave Sydney a serious look.
我鄭重地看著西德尼。
"Of course, everything I'm telling you is a secret and confidential," I said.
“當然,我告訴你的每件事都是機密,”我說。
"You can't tell anyone what I just told you."
“你別把我說的話告訴任何人?!?/div>
"Derrick Cruz!" Sydney said, loudly.
“德里克·克魯茲!”西德尼大聲說,
She looked at me with a tight mouth and big eyes.
她緊抿著嘴,瞪著大眼睛看著我。
Even her curly brown hair seemed to get curlier with anger.
她那一頭棕色的卷發似乎因憤怒而變得更卷了。
"How long have we been friends?"
“我們做朋友多久了?”
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
threatening | ['θretniŋ] |
想一想再看 adj. 威脅(性)的,兇兆的 動詞threaten的現 |
||
confidential | [.kɑ:nfi'denʃəl] |
想一想再看 adj. 秘密的,值得信賴的,機密的 |
聯想記憶 | |
anonymous | [ə'nɔniməs] |
想一想再看 adj. 匿名的,無名的,沒特色的 |
聯想記憶 |