"I'm serious about celebrating your scholarship.
“慶祝你得獎的事,我說真的,
Give me a call when you're free."
有空給我打個電話。”
"Sure, thanks," Ben said. "I'll see you later."
“當然,謝謝,”本說。“到時候見。”
"Bye," I said as I left his office.
“再見,”我離開他的辦公室時說道。
This was just the kind of information that might help the case.
這可能對案件有所幫助
I couldn't wait to tell Uncle Jeff what I'd learned.
我迫不及待地想告訴杰夫叔叔我了解到的信息。
I walked into the department lobby, heading for the main doors.
我進入大廳,朝大門走去。
I stopped for a minute to look at a picture on the wall.
我停下來看了看墻上的畫。
It was a framed picture of Dean Maurie shaking hands with the University president.
這是一張裝裱好的毛里院長和校長握手的照片。
Alan Maurie is one of those men who could walk into any room
艾倫· 毛里是那種走進任何房間,
and people would know that he was important.
人們會知道他是個重要人物的人,
He has that air about him.
他身上有那種氣質。
He looks to be in his early 50s and is tall and well built.
他看起來50歲出頭,又高又壯。
His brown hair has a little grey, but that just makes him look more distinguished, more important.
棕色頭發里帶點灰白,但那只會讓他看起來更加顯赫尊貴。
Alan Maurie is a goodlooking man.
艾倫·毛里是個帥氣的男人。
I was walking out of the main doors when I saw her.
當我走出大門時,我看見了她,
I saw the girl from the parking lot, the girl I almost hit with my car.
我在停車場差點撞到的那個女孩。