Two days ago, a strange man knocked on our door at the apartment.
兩天前,一個奇怪的男人在公寓外敲門。
I opened the door, and before I knew what was happening, he had a gun in my face and was shouting obscenities at me."
我開了門,我還沒明白是怎么回事,他拿槍指著我臉,狂言侮辱我。”
"What did he look like?" I asked.
“你長什么樣?”我問道。
"He was tall and muscular," said Bill, "but he wore a ski hat, so I couldn't see his face very well.
“他很高,很強健,”比爾說,“但是他帶著一個滑雪帽,所以我沒看清他的臉。
He had a mustache, I think. It all happened so fast."
我想他應該留著胡子。一切發生的太快了。”
"That's okay. Go on," I said.
“沒關系。繼續講,”我說。
"Well, the man took Sarah and me and put us in a car.
“那個男人把薩拉和我帶上車。
He put a small towel around our eyes, tied our legs and hands together, and then drove us to another place.
我們的眼睛遮了一條小毛巾,綁住了我們的手和腿,然后開車將我們帶到另一個地方。
We were forced out of the car and into a small, dingy room.
我們被壓下車,來到一個昏暗的小房間。
"We were given food twice a day. I'm not sure how many kidnappers there were holding us there.
“他們兩天給我們一次食物。我不確定那里有多少綁架者。
I heard several voices outside the door, maybe three or four, I'm not sure.
我聽到外邊有幾個聲音說話,也許有三四個,我不確定。
Finally this morning, about an hour ago, I was let go, and given a message:
最后今天早上,大概一個小時前,我被放走了,還給我留了一條信息:
If I wanted Sarah to be set free, I had to pay a ransom of $500,000."
如果我想救薩拉,就要支付五十萬贖金。”