"I understand how you feel," said the little girl, who was truly sorry for him.
“我很理解你,”小女孩子說,她真的為他感到難過。
"If you will come with me I'll ask Oz to do all he can for you."
。“如果你和我一起兒去,我會盡力請求奧芝幫助你?!?/div>
"Thank you." he answered gratefully.
“謝謝你!”他興奮地回答。
They walked back to the road.
他們又回到路上。
Dorothy helped him over the fence, and they started along the path of yellow brick for the Emerald City.
多蘿茜幫助他翻過了短墻,開始沿著黃磚路向翡翠城進發。
Toto did not like this addition to the party at first.
起初,托托不愿意這個陌生的東西加入進來。
He smelled around the stuffed man as if he suspected there might be a nest of rats in the straw, and he often growled in an unfriendly way at the Scarecrow.
它嗅著這個稻草人,似乎它能在稻草里嗅出一巢老鼠,常常不友好地對著稻草人吠著。
"Don't mind Toto." said Dorothy to her new friend. "He never bites"
“你不要擔心托托,”多蘿茜對她的新朋友說,“它絕不會咬你的?!?/div>
"Oh, I'm not afraid." replied the Scarecrow. "He can't hurt the straw.
“唔,我沒什么可害怕的,”稻草人回答說,“它不會傷害到稻草的。
Do let me carry that basket for you. I shall not mind it, for I can't get tired.
來,讓我幫你提著那只籃子,我不會介意的,因為我不會疲倦。
I'll tell you a secret," he continued, as he walked along.
我告訴你一個秘密,”他一邊向前走,一邊繼續著說。
"There is only one thing in the world I am afraid of."
“在這個世界上,我只怕一件東西?!?/div>
"What is that?" asked Dorothy; "The Munchkin farmer who made you?"
究竟是什么東西?”多蘿茜問;“是那個制造你的芒奇金的農民嗎?”
"No," answered the Scarecrow, "it's a lighted match."
“那倒不是,”稻草人回答說,“是一根燃著的火柴?!?/p>
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
fence | [fens] |
想一想再看 n. 柵欄,圍墻,擊劍術 |
||
addition | [ə'diʃən] |
想一想再看 n. 增加,附加物,加法 |
聯想記憶 | |
gratefully |
想一想再看 adv. 感激地;感謝地 |
|||
understand | [.ʌndə'stænd] |
想一想再看 vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為< |
||
unfriendly | [,ʌn'frendli] |
想一想再看 adj. 不友好的;不利的 adv. 不友善地 |

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: