Wilbur's' heart brimmed with happiness.
威爾伯的心洋溢著快樂。
He felt that he should make a short speech on this very important occasion.
它覺得自己該對這無比重要的時刻發表一篇簡短的講話。
"Joy! Aranea! Nellie!" he began. "Welcome to the barn cellar.
“快樂!阿拉妮!內莉!”它開口說,“歡迎你們來到谷倉底。
You have chosen a hallowed doorway from which to string your webs.
你們選中了一個神圣的門口結你們的網。
I think it is only fair to tell you that I was devoted to your mother.
我想我應該告訴你們,我一向全心全意愛你們的媽媽。
I owe my very life to her.
我的性命是它救回來的。
She was brilliant, beautiful, and loyal to the end.
它卓越,漂亮,一直到死都忠心耿耿。
I shall always treasure her memory.
我永遠珍藏著對它的回憶。
To you, her daughters, I pledge my friendship, forever and ever."
對于你們,它的女兒們,我發誓和你們友好下去,直到永遠。”
"I pledge mine," said Joy.
“我也發誓和你友好下去,”快樂說。
"I do, too," said Aranea.
“我也是,”阿拉妮說。
"And so do I," said Nellie, who had just managed to catch a small gnat.
“我也是,”內莉說,它正好捉住了一只小蚊蚋。
It was a happy day for Wilbur.
對威爾伯來說,這是一個快樂的的日子。
And many more happy, tranquil days followed.
接下來是更多快樂安寧的日子。